Author Topic: Former Justice Sandra Day O’Connor lying in repose at Supreme Court  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Justice Sandra Day O’Connor lying in repose at Supreme Court
Funeral service to be held at Washington National Cathedral on Tuesday
 By Greg Norman Fox News
Published December 18, 2023 8:28am EST

Former Associate Justice Sandra Day O’Connor is set to lie in repose Monday at the Supreme Court so the public can pay their respects Monday morning ahead of a funeral service tomorrow at the Washington National Cathedral.

The Supreme Court said a private ceremony would be held at 9:30 a.m. ET before O’Connor will be viewable from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. inside the building’s Great Hall.

O’Connor, who was the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court, died in Phoenix on Dec. 1 at the age of 93. The Court said O’Connor passed due to "complications related to advanced dementia, probably Alzheimer’s, and a respiratory illness."

O'Connor is remembered as a history-making woman, a pragmatic conservative, a keen legal mind and a beloved mother and grandmother.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-justice-sandra-day-oconnor-lie-repose-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Former Justice Sandra Day O’Connor lying in repose at Supreme Court
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 06:17:38 pm »
I thought she passed away years ago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 08:02:17 pm »
I thought she passed away years ago
It's been a few weeks. Not sure why they waited until now to have her body at the Court.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 08:36:41 pm »
It's been a few weeks. Not sure why they waited until now to have her body at the Court.

I was wondering the same thing; why the wait??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.