Author Topic: Florida GOP suspends chairman and demands his resignation amid rape investigation  (Read 311 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida GOP suspends chairman and demands his resignation amid rape investigation

The Republican Party of Florida has suspended Chairman Christian Ziegler and is demanding his resignation as police investigate a rape allegation against him
By BRENDAN FARRINGTON Associated Press
December 17, 2023, 2:23 PM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The Republican Party of Florida suspended Chairman Christian Ziegler and demanded his resignation during an emergency meeting Sunday, adding to calls by Gov. Ron DeSantis and other top officials for him to step down as police investigate a rape accusation against him.

Ziegler is accused of raping a woman with whom he and his wife, Moms for Liberty co-founder Bridget Ziegler, had a prior consensual sexual relationship, according to police records.

“Christian Ziegler has engaged in conduct that renders him unfit for the office," the party’s motion to censure Ziegler said, according to a document posted on the social media platform X by Lee County GOP Chairman Michael Thomason.

Ziegler tried to defend himself during the closed-door meeting, but the party board quickly took the action against him, Thompson said.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/florida-republican-party-suspends-chairman-demands-resignation-amid-105727326
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Menage-a-trois is not traditional family values.  Hypocritical book burners.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.