Author Topic: Democrat Sen. Merkley Says It’s ‘Unacceptable’ For GOP To Round Up and Deport Illegals  (Read 254 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrat Sen. Merkley Says It’s ‘Unacceptable’ For GOP To Round Up and Deport Illegals
© Provided by State Of The Union

Sen. Jeff Merkley criticized Republicans for proposing Steve Miller-style policies in response to President Biden’s border funding proposals.

He expressed concern about the surge of people coming to the border, emphasizing the complexity of border policy.

Merkley highlighted the need to address the issue but found the solutions proposed by Republicans unacceptable. (Trending: Kid Rock Rages Against ‘Woke’ Target)

Merkley pressed that the President “made the decision to put the funding for the border, some 14 billion, really an answer to the Republicans’ requests, that we address all the borders together, that’s the Ukrainian borders, the Israeli borders, our borders.”

“And what that was met with was, hey, thank you very much, but now we want to do Steve Miller-style policies to essentially round up people across America and throw them out of our country and just things — separate children from their parents, things that are unacceptable.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrat-sen-merkley-says-it-s-unacceptable-for-gop-to-round-up-and-deport-illegals/ar-AA1lDIgm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9b983df9353e424c81171cbd23dd8837&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Next it will be unacceptable to arrest and incarcerate illegals. :banging:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Next it will be unacceptable to arrest and incarcerate illegals. :banging:

And after that, it will be unacceptable for states and cities not to go bankrupt in dealing with the issue

And after that, it will be unacceptable for people to refuse to house them in their private homes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy