Author Topic: Chicago mayor accused of prioritizing migrants over Black community as vote to recall sanctuary stat  (Read 435 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago mayor accused of prioritizing migrants over Black community as vote to recall sanctuary status stalled
Chicago City Council delays vote that would allow residents to decide on sanctuary status
Danielle Wallace By Danielle Wallace Fox News
Published December 14, 2023 2:07pm EST | Updated December 14, 2023 2:21pm EST

Chicago native blasts Mayor Johnson for prioritizing illegal migrants over Black community

A Chicago native torched Mayor Brandon Johnson during a special council meeting to consider a sanctuary status referendum vote, accusing him of prioritizing migrants over the Black community and homeless veterans. (City of Chicago - Handout)

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson was accused of prioritizing tens of thousands of migrants from the southern border over the Black community and homeless veterans on Thursday, during a special council meeting meant to consider whether residents would be asked to vote on a referendum on Illinois' largest city's sanctuary status.

The Chicago City Council special meeting began with time for public comment, but councilors ultimately voted to adjourn afterward without considering a resolution "authorizing a referendum question to be submitted to the voters of City of Chicago whether Chicago should continue to keep its designation as a Sanctuary City," until it moves out of committee.

Lauren Lawrence, a woman who described herself as a Chicago native, born and raised in the city, said she witnessed a "transition as if a lot of people are not important here."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-mayor-accused-prioritizing-migrants-black-community-vote-recall-sanctuary-status-stalled
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It should come as no surprise that blacks would oppress other blacks.  Before the Civil War there were hordes of blacks who owned slaves.  Now the question is where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharptongue complaining about this? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Chicago mayor accused of prioritizing migrants over Black community as vote to recall sanctuary status stalled"

Great!
This is the best outcome possible.
Let's go, Brandon...!

(and send more buses north to Chicago...)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is a no-brainer.

The DNC already has the black votes locked up,and they can ignore the blacks in order to buy the votes of the illegals because the black votes were bought and paid  for a long time  ago,and they have nowhere  else to go,so any "not gonna vote for you" threats they make can safely  be ignored.

The "brown vote" is a different thing,though. The DNC doesn't own them yet,and since they are spending taxpayer money to buy those votes instead of their own money,this is a new source of votes for them.

"We iz da wurld,we iz da "vote pimps"....."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

As theses cities collapse under the burden of having to use city resources to deal with them, expect more pressure by them on the Biden administration to control the border

The administration will never listen to red states or even purple states. But let’s see how they handle the pressure from complaints coming from blue states and the inner cities
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
THAT'S gonna leave a mark!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  But let’s see how they handle the pressure from complaints coming from blue states and the inner cities

If NYC is any indication, they don't care about blue states either. **nononono*
Thomas Jefferson