Author Topic: Melania Trump’s former adviser calls her citizenship speech ‘quite repulsive’  (Read 902 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Melania Trump’s former adviser calls her citizenship speech ‘quite repulsive’
by Tara Suter - 12/16/23 10:39 AM ET

An ex-adviser to former first lady Melania Trump criticized her recent appearance at a National Archives Naturalization Ceremony Friday.

“You know, again, back to today’s naturalization, being in the National Archives with our Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. and knowing how she felt about not wanting to actually promote that for so many individuals that have less opportunity than she had, it was just a squandered opportunity,”  Stephanie Winston Wolkoff said in an interview on CNN highlighted by Mediaite.

“And she feels like, you know it’s, again, I keep going back to that publicity moment, and I find it to be really quite repulsive,” Winston Wolkoff continued.

Trump gave remarks at the naturalization ceremony Friday, during which she called the pathway to citizenship in the U.S. “arduous.” She also remarked that after taking the United States Oath of Allegiance — an oath taken by every immigrant to become a U.S. citizen — she felt “a tremendous sense of belonging.”

“For me, reaching the milestone of American citizenship marked the sunrise of certainty,” she said. “At that exact moment, I forever discarded the layer of burden connected with whether I would be able to live in the United States. I hope you’re blanketed with similar feelings of comfort right now.”

Trump hails from Slovenia and moved to New York City in 1996. Only the second first lady to be born outside the U.S., Trump said when she arrived in the country, she knew she wanted to call it her permanent home. She became a naturalized citizen in 2006.

Trump cut ties with Winston Wolkoff, who served as a “volunteer adviser,” in February 2018, but during the Trump administration White House officials declined to say why it parted ways with Winston Wolkoff, according to a 2018 report from The Washington Post.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4363617-former-melania-trump-adviser-calls-citizenship-speech-quite-repulsive/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's the bitch

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Ludicrous. I'd expect nothing less from The Hill.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Office of Melania Trump

December 15, 2023
United States Naturalization Ceremony

Thank you, Dr. Shogan, for your introduction and for your kind invitation to celebrate this incredible moment.

Thank you, Judge Gunn, for leading the Oath of Allegiance.

MacArthur High School students, you are the future leaders, and knowing the meaningful words of our Constitution’s preamble will empower you in the next chapters of your life.

It’s my privilege to share this great Nation, America, with you.

Throughout our lives, we cross thresholds. And although obstacles often stand in the way of our goals, we persevere, as we understand that conquering them will provide great access to personal development, fulfillment, and eventually self-actualization.

For me, reaching the milestone of American citizenship marked the sunrise of certainty. At that exact moment, I forever discarded the layer of burden connected with whether I would be able to live in the United States. I hope you are blanketed with similar feelings of comfort right now. Finally, I could plan all of the aspects of my life. I recall feeling a tremendous sense of pride and belonging after I recited the United States Oath of Allegiance, as the pathway to citizenship is arduous.

I was born and raised in the picturesque country of Slovenia, where my parents taught me the importance of a strong work ethic and pursuing my dreams. The values they instilled in me at an early age inspired my fashion and modeling career, and brought me to beautiful cities like Paris and Milan.

While working internationally had its share of rules and regulations, it wasn’t until I moved to New York City in 1996, that this system truly tested my determination. Upon my arrival, I immediately knew that I wanted to make the United States my permanent home. With the goal of securing a worker visa, I began researching, visiting consulates and embassies, and compiling the required records of my work experiences.

Quickly, my life turned into a labyrinth of organizing paperwork. (Back then, the convenience of technology’s document filing didn’t really exist to the extent it does today.) Patience and perseverance became my constant companions as I navigated through this intricate web, which I am sure you can all relate to. Even if very time-consuming, my dream of becoming a citizen pushed me to meticulously gather every last piece of information required, ensuring that no detail was overlooked.

My personal experience of traversing the challenges of the immigration process opened my eyes to the harsh realities people face (including you) who try to become US citizens. And then, of course, there are the nuances of understanding the United States immigration laws, and the complex legal language contained therein. I was very devoted, but I certainly was not an attorney, and eventually, it proved critical for me to retain counsel. I was fortunate to do so, as ultimately my journey was streamlined and brought me over the finish line, as a naturalized citizen.

While the challenges were numerous, the rewards were well worth the effort. I applaud you for every step you took, every obstacle you overcame, and every sacrifice you made. It's an honor to stand with you in these hallowed halls today in the presence of the Declaration of Independence. The very document on which our Founding Fathers carefully composed the words that capture the ideals surrounding individual liberty and this great republic. Arguably, one of the most important documents of all time.

Becoming an American citizen comes with responsibility. It means actively participating in the democratic process and guarding our freedom. It also means leading by example and contributing to our society. It is a life-altering experience that takes time, determination, and sometimes even tremendous strength.

You are now a part of a Nation with a rich history of progress, innovation, and resilience. Though you come from 25 different countries, your dreams and aspirations intertwine with those who have come before you, since 1776, and together, shape the future of this extraordinary country.

Be proud of yourself, stand your ground, and embrace the opportunities that lie ahead. You are American—be a beacon of inspiration for your children, and those who follow in your footsteps. May your journey continue to be filled with endless possibilities, and may your contributions enrich the fabric of this great Nation.

https://melaniatrump.com/official-statements/12-15-2023

MELANIA TRUMP
@MELANIATRUMP

I was honored to receive the invitation to participate in the Naturalization Ceremony on Bill of Rights Day.  I can personally relate to the wave of emotions experienced by the individuals and their families in yesterday’s ceremony.

12:07 PM · Dec 16, 2023

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She is everything that liberal women hate.  They hate her because they ain't her.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Yesterday .....

Online mountaineer

and knowing how she felt about not wanting to actually promote that for so many individuals that have less opportunity than she had
This Winston harpy seems to think she's quite a mind reader. More likely, she pulled her interpretations of Melania's mindset out of her ample buttocks.

Melania was just as gracious as ever, IMO.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

"knowing how she felt about not wanting to actually promote that for so many individuals that have less opportunity than she"

So, you're a commie Dem always whining about the USA?

Anyway, I don't think it's repulsive.

I DID come away amazed that Melania does not have as good a grasp at English as I've been led to believe, given all the "she speaks so many languages".  Perhaps that's the reason she doesn't like to speak much in public, more than politics itself.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online LMAO

So what did her former advisor find repulsive?

Unless I missed something, I didn’t find anything repulsive about her speech
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
So what did her former advisor find repulsive?

Unless I missed something, I didn’t find anything repulsive about her speech

Leftists hate the things that they hate because - that is their core value!

Leftists' motivation for everything they do is this - they hate common decency!

They love vileness and vulgarity because that is who and what they are!

Death, destruction, and degradation are not the means to their goals,
they ARE the left's goals!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao