Author Topic: Migrant kidnappers arrested; aid workers evacuated due to gunfire  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant kidnappers arrested; aid workers evacuated due to gunfire
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Dec 15, 2023 / 02:42 PM CST

Updated: Dec 15, 2023 / 10:56 PM CST

Authorities in Sonora-Arizona corridor deal with criminal activity even as they try to manage thousands of daily unauthorized crossings

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The migrant surge isn’t the only concern facing border agents in southern Arizona. Drug activity and kidnapping in the region remain rife.

U.S. Border Patrol Chief Jason Owens on Friday said a collaborative effort with the Government of Mexico resulted in the arrest of several individuals allegedly preying on migrants trying to cross into the United States between ports of entry.

Migrants at stash house threatened with AK-47
The collaboration “resulted in the arrest of seven criminals that had been extorting and kidnapping migrants within the Sonora, Mexico-Arizona corridor. (This is) yet another danger migrants face when they choose to ignore our laws,” Owens tweeted.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/arizona/migrant-kidnappers-arrested-aid-workers-evacuated-due-to-gunfire/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson