Author Topic: Reparations, Goodbye  (Read 309 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Reparations, Goodbye
« on: December 16, 2023, 12:18:46 pm »
Powerline 12/15/2023

We wrote here and elsewhere about San Francisco’s plan for reparations. Drafted by the city’s African American Reparations Advisory Committee, it contemplated payments of $5 million per black recipient, along with total forgiveness of debt, exemptions from business taxes, refinanced mortgages, subsidized housing, and a wide array of government programs. And you didn’t need to be a resident of San Francisco to qualify.

That obviously was never going to happen, and San Francisco’s reparations plan has died, not with a bang but a whimper. As productive citizens have fled the city to avoid filth and crime, San Francisco’s budget is in crisis. Something had to go:

San Francisco’s first-ever Office of Reparations is among the programs gutted by Mayor London Breed’s budget cuts.

Funding for the office, which was set to launch this year, was erased as part of Breed’s $75 million cuts to the The City budget in preparation for a major deficit in 2024.

Though it’s just one of several planned programs that will no longer be funded, the Office of Reparations is noteworthy because its establishment came after a widely followed, yearslong process that ended in accepting a reparations plan.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/12/reparations-goodbye.php

Offline LMAO

Re: Reparations, Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 12:20:39 pm »
This was easily predictable. This was nothing more than an attempted to divide people. The people who pushed this idea had no intentions of implementing this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy