Author Topic: City spent nearly $1 million on failed camp before pulling the plug - as officials now IMPOUND buses  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
City spent nearly $1 million on failed camp before pulling the plug - as officials now IMPOUND buses bringing migrants to the city from Texas on Gov. Greg Abbott's orders
Story by Germania Rodriguez Poleo For Dailymail.Com  •
19h

The city spent over $985,000 on the shuttered migrant camp at Brighton Park

Locals had opposed the camp, with two residents filing a lawsuit

There are currently more than 13,000 migrants staying in Chicago's shelter system and the city has spent more than 250M handing the crisis this year

Chicago spent nearly $1million to build a migrant camp on a toxic site, as the city continues to struggle with a massive surge of asylum seekers, with officials now impounding incoming buses.

Official records seen by ABC 7 show the city spent more than $985,000 on the shuttered migrant camp at a Brighton Park lot - despite warnings that the site was not safe and outrage by locals, including a lawsuit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-s-migrant-crisis-spirals-out-of-control-city-spent-nearly-1-million-on-failed-camp-before-pulling-the-plug-as-officials-now-impound-buses-bringing-migrants-to-the-city-from-texas-on-gov-greg-abbott-s-orders/ar-AA1lyWMt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e7ff43ddd8ea460f92cfa59bf0baa5d7&ei=14

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson