Author Topic: NFL considering eliminating one of the most controversial rules in sports  (Read 358 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New York Post by Matt Ehalt 12/14/2023

One of the worst rules in sports may finally be gone.

NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent said Wednesday that the NFL may eliminate the rule that turns fumbles in the end zone into offensive turnovers, per Pro Football Talk.

This is a notable development since CBS Sports reported in September there had not been any discussion in the last five years about changing the rule.

The fumble into the end zone is one of the most widely criticized plays in the NFL since it doesn’t seem to be consistent with the rest of the rules.

The NFL rulebook states: “If a ball is fumbled in the field of play, and goes forward into the opponent’s end zone and over the end of the sideline, a touchback is awarded to the defensive team.”

More: https://nypost.com/2023/12/14/sports/nfl-considering-eliminating-one-of-the-most-controversial-rules-in-sports/

Offline Hoodat

Nothing wrong with this rule.  If you want to fix the rules, then get rid of those new stupid kickoff rules.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Game rulemaking  has taken the game  into full wussification mode the past 30+ years.  I much prefer the hard nose stuff like Butkus, Nobis, Nitschke, etc.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.