Author Topic: Elise Stefanik files complaint against federal judge who ruled in Jan. 6, Trump cases  (Read 256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Elise Stefanik files complaint against federal judge who ruled in Jan. 6, Trump cases
by Ella Lee - 12/15/23 11:08 AM ET

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) on Friday requested an ethics investigation into a federal judge who has ruled in cases linked to Jan. 6 rioters and former President Trump — and who is currently overseeing Trump ally Rudy Giuliani’s defamation trial.

Stefanik claimed that U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell engaged in “judicial misconduct” during a speech she gave last month after accepting an award at a Women’s White Collar Defense Association gala. Stefanik called it a “highly inappropriate political speech.”

In the speech, Howell discussed the impact of “big lies” in connection with the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack and quoted historian Heather Cox Richardson’s book “Democracy Awakening” that “big lies are springboards for authoritarians.” The judge did not mention Trump by name.

“We are having a very surprising and downright troubling moment in this country when the very importance of facts is dismissed or ignored,” Howell said in the speech.
Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) speaks with Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio)

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4362060-elise-stefanik-complaint-federal-judge-trump-cases/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've previously opined that I didn't think there were any "true" conservative legislators  in the NE U.S.

But I got to admit  that this young lady has had a pretty good week.  :patriot:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.