Author Topic: RQ-21 Blackjack Can Now Strike With Miniature Precision Munitions  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
RQ-21 Blackjack Can Now Strike With Miniature Precision Munitions
Being able to employ precision-guided munitions provides an entirely new business case for what has been a reconnaissance drone.

BY
OLIVER PARKEN
|
PUBLISHED DEC 14, 2023 6:10 PM EST

The Boeing Insitu Integrator drone, also known as the RQ-21 Blackjack within the U.S. military, recently demonstrated its ability to drop a pair of small, precision-guided Shryke munitions. The demonstration comes as part of a larger effort to give the relatively small Integrator drone kinetic capabilities, which has taken important strides in recent months.

Insitu announced the successful demonstration, and released video footage of an Intergrator with the registratopm N76NT performing said tests, on December 12. Where and when it took place exactly remains unclear.

The test itself involved dropping two inert GPS-guided Shryke munitions from Integrator, which were trained on specific targets on the ground. The demonstration was conducted in collaboration with Corvid and L3Harris Technologies.

"The two rounds of munitions were seamlessly fitted into Integrator’s CG [centre-of-gravity] payload bay and several mission sorties were executed demonstrating advanced navigation, targeting, and payload delivery systems," Insitu’s Vice President of Programs, Engineering & Flight Justin Pearce said.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/rq-21-blackjack-can-now-strike-with-miniature-precision-munitions
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: RQ-21 Blackjack Can Now Strike With Miniature Precision Munitions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 06:48:39 pm »
If it gives the US an advantage, Sec. Austin will probably kill the program, :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson