Author Topic: Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Dramatic Spike in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago  (Read 562 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Dramatic Spike in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago
Story by Andrew Stanton  •
3h

Unvaccinated migrants are fueling a surge in chickenpox cases in Chicago, local health officials said Thursday.

Nearly 400 cases of chickenpox in Chicago have been identified so far this year, with the past four weeks specifically marking an increase in cases, according to a health alert released by the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH). From 2005 to 2022, the city averaged 53 cases of chickenpox per year, local television station WLS-TV reported.

The rise in chickenpox cases come as city officials across the country grapple with an influx of migrants. Migrants have been bused to several major cities as crossings remain high at the U.S.-Mexico border, but many officials say they lack the resources to cope with the increase. In Chicago, more than 25,000 migrants have arrived since August 31, 2022, according to city data.
Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus and leads to an itchy rash with small, fluid-filled blisters. It is often mild and non-life-threatening, but can become serious and lead to other health problems such as infected skin, dehydration, pneumonia or the swelling of the brain. It can also lead to death in rare cases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/unvaccinated-migrants-fuel-dramatic-spike-in-chickenpox-cases-in-chicago/ar-AA1lyFUG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e5214b1fba1b440099d30684eb0a3274&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Dramatic Spike in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 05:51:33 pm »
Is this the onset of the pandemic the democrats and rinos have been hoping for? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 06:34:45 pm »
When I was small, my mom took me to visit a family with a child she had heard had the chickenpox. Once I had it too, my mom took me to visit other kids. That was a normal thing to do back then.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 03:08:40 am »
Yes, mothers organized "infection parties," so that all the kiddies would get it over with.

The illegals are the gift that just keeps giving, aren't they?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 03:11:29 am »
When I was small, my mom took me to visit a family with a child she had heard had the chickenpox. Once I had it too, my mom took me to visit other kids. That was a normal thing to do back then.

Gee I just got vaccinated for it.  Weird. 
Edit:
But I do love the human immune system.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 03:13:15 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 03:18:25 am »
This is stupid.  The risk of adverse effects from the vaccine is higher than from the virus itself.  This is one vaccine the government (and health industry) should not be pushing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 03:41:32 am »
I don't know of anyone who didn't have chickenpox. 
Let's see I had the usual childhood illnesses; measles and mumps .... now they mandate vaccines in order for your child to attend school. 

So...is this a different strain of chickenpox?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2023, 03:44:32 am »
So...is this a different strain of chickenpox?

Nope.  Just another vaccine they can make money off of.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2023, 04:50:05 am »
I love it when people get what they voted for.