Author Topic: NBC’s Romans: We Have 10% Inflation Since November ’21 and Shelter Inflation ‘Really Troubling’  (Read 481 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC’s Romans: We Have 10% Inflation Since November ’21 and Shelter Inflation ‘Really Troubling’

Ian Hanchett 15 Dec 2023

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” NBC News Senior Business Correspondent Christine Romans discussed negative views on the economy and pointed out that over the past two years, the inflation level is 10% and that shelter costs that people can’t easily change their behavior to avoid have been “a real big part of the problem.”

Romans stated, “I think those inflation scars are really, really deep, and it will take a lot of time to heal those wounds. And I think that’s what the treasury secretary was sort of suggesting, that, over time, people are going to realize that the worst of the inflation is behind us and that things are getting better. That inflation situation was pretty scary coming out of the pandemic. I also think that…we talk about inflation rates, but Americans talk about price levels. And so, a 3.1% inflation rate…is on top of the 7% inflation in November last year. That’s 10% if you add those two together, right? Just for back-of-the-envelope math. So, people are still paying more for their grocery bill today than they were two or three years ago, and they know that.”

She added, “I do know that a big chunk of inflation is shelter costs. It’s the cost of housing, and that’s been really, really tough to turn the curve on. And Janet Yellen, the Treasury Secretary, yesterday, said, they think that those are going to start to come down, the shelter costs will start to come down next year. The Fed chief said the same thing. It takes a long time to turn sort of that chart. And they’re hoping that that — but shelter’s been a real big part of the problem. And Ali, you can switch which cuts of meat you buy at the grocery store if you’re trying to manage inflation in your grocery bill. You can’t change where you live overnight. And so, that’s why that part of the inflation story has been really troubling.”

Romans also stated that difficulty finding child care is a reason for dissatisfaction with the economy and that all the predictions about a recession in 2023 might be another factor.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/15/nbcs-romans-we-have-10-inflation-since-november-21-and-shelter-inflation-really-troubling/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Know I am repeating from a previous thread, but I have been doing very thorough to the penny budgets for 15 years now, and yesteday when preparing 2024's , my expenditures from '23- to '24 went up 9.23%.

So when that idiotic curly haired wench gets up there and says inflation is 3%, have her give me a call.   Lies, Lies, Lies, and lots of proof to back it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

How did MSNBC let somebody get away with stating the fact that inflation is still a problem for Americans?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

Inflation is the greatest threat to Biden's re-election because is inflation is tangible, demonstrable, and directly effects every American that needs to pay for shelter, food, and heat.

Who gives a damn about American Democracy if it is non-responsive and detatched from the needs of the People.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Inflation is the greatest threat to Biden's re-election because is inflation is tangible, demonstrable, and directly effects every American that needs to pay for shelter, food, and heat.

Who gives a damn about American Democracy if it is non-responsive and detatched from the needs of the People.

Especially when the word democracy means different things to us than it does to the administration

Democracy to the Biden administration means appointing a disinformation czar to monitor speech and labeling parents that show up to school board meetings with the domestic terrorist tag
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy