Author Topic: Georgia Moves to Block Noncitizen Voting in State Constitution  (Read 450 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Georgia Moves to Block Noncitizen Voting in State Constitution
« on: December 15, 2023, 01:28:31 pm »
The Daily Signal by Fred Lucas 12/12/2023

Georgia’s top election official is pointing to the Biden administration’s failure to secure the southern border as a reason the state Legislature must act to prevent voting by foreign nationals in state elections.

“With open borders, citizenship verification for voter registration is more important than ever,” Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said Monday in a public statement.

Raffensperger called on the Georgia General Assembly to amend the state Constitution to clarify that only U.S. citizens may vote in elections. He warned that liberal organizations are trying to use the courts to overturn citizenship verification ahead of the 2024 election.

“Organizations like the Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agenda are currently suing to end critical citizenship verification in our registration process, potentially exposing our elections to foreign interference and diluting the power of legally registered voters,” Raffensperger said. “I’m calling on the General Assembly to take immediate action and pass a constitutional amendment ensuring that no liberal group can leverage the courts to add noncitizens to our voter rolls.”

The Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agenda didn’t respond immediately to inquiries from The Daily Signal for this report. But the organization’s website boasts about the success of past litigation over voting requirements.

“In the area of voter protection, lawsuits were won against the secretary of state [Raffensperger] for unilaterally eliminating voters from the rolls and discarding absentee ballots where signatures did not exactly match,” the coalition’s website says. “Efforts to reduce early voting periods have been thwarted while the coalition has effectively petitioned election boards in order to prevent the closure of polling locations.”

More: https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/12/12/georgia-moves-to-block-noncitizen-voting-in-state-constitution/

Online LMAO

Re: Georgia Moves to Block Noncitizen Voting in State Constitution
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 01:31:46 pm »
 ////00000////

Voter suppression!!

Jim Eagle!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 01:52:47 pm »
Everyone, living or dead should be allowed to vote. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 01:54:59 pm »
Everyone, living or dead should be allowed to vote.

Even more than once, if they so choose
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 02:05:40 pm »
The fact we are even having to legislate this issue is mind boggling by itself. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 02:35:24 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 02:33:10 pm »
The fact we are even having too legislate this issue is mind boggling by itself.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 07:47:03 pm »

On this, we agree  :beer:

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 07:47:27 pm »

Yup

Barry Goldwater

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 11:24:53 pm »
Catfish grumbles:
"The fact we are even having to legislate this issue is mind boggling by itself."

No. It is not. I'll explain why.

The fact that "we are even having to legislate this issue" is but one more example of why the current U.S. Constitution is fundamentally flawed and can no longer protect the liberty of the American people.

We've gotten to "where we are" because the Founders failed to include specific language in their original Constitution to prevent against such attacks. Of course, who among them would have thought back in their time that there would ever BE such attacks on the document and on the government it established.

Thus, the Founders thought it best by leaving the elections "to the states" to govern themselves. Can you imagine trying to explain to the Constitutional Convention members the concept of "ranked choice voting", which Maine has now adapted (among other states)? How would the Founders have reacted to that?

No.
The matter of elections -- at least the fundamental ground rules -- is but one more matter than has been proven by time to have been too important to "leave to the states".

Because... who could have imagined that the states would take such actions to essentially undermine the principles that the Founders took for granted regarding the conduct of state and local governments? Which have since gone rogue or even full-communist?

This is why I believe we need (or perhaps the coming Heartland Republic of America will need) a new, "re-constituted" Constitution that spells out in detail matters which were overlooked by the Founders and are now being forced down the throats of traditional-minded Americans by the leftists and communists.

Enough of that for now.

Once more, I'll outline my "Election Articles" to be incorporated into that new Constitution. I've posted them before, but no one ever comments:
===========================
This Constitution prescribes that only citizens may vote in all elections conducted within the United States. This includes elections for federal offices of The United States, elections for State offices in the Several States, and all municipal and local elections conducted within the borders of The United States.

Elections will be conducted only on Election Day as prescribed by this Constitution.

All ballots in all elections will be paper ballots cast by individual voters at their respective polling locations. Electronic means may be used to tabulate vote counts at the local level.

Provisional ballots of any kind are prohibited by this Constitution.

Ranked Choice Voting of any kind is prohibited by this Constitution.

On Election Day votes will be tabulated immediately after the polls close. Tabulation and counting of votes will proceed continuously until a final tally is reached.

There shall be a demand right of registered voters to witness the tabulation and counting of votes. Any attempt to deny such right will be deemed unconstitutional. This right shall not be modified by any Court of the United States. The Several States may however limit the total number of election observers as is practicable for reasons of safety.

An election shall not be considered to be won unless the winning candidate receives a majority of the votes cast. If no candidate receives a majority, a runoff election must be held within 35 days to determine the winner. This shall not apply to the elections for President and Vice President, which are to be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Electoral College, as enumerated in this Constitution.

The use of the United States Mail shall not be permitted for the collection of ballots, with the exception of absentee ballots.

There shall be no use of absentee ballots without the presentation of individual need, subject to strict scrutiny by the registrar of voters.

Absentee ballots must be received by the close of voting on Election Day. Any ballots received via mail after the polls close will be immediately destroyed and will not be entered into the voting tabulation.

All citizens of the United States will be required to produce identification before voting.

All citizens of the United States who desire to vote will be required to register at least six months in advance of election day, unless they have previously done so. All citizens requesting registration will be properly vetted by the registrar of voters.

No person will be registered to vote unless that person has attained his or her twenty-first birthday.

===========================

The only way you're going to prevent the states (and the courts) from taking these rules away is to "put it in writing".
And the only document in which the writing will stand up to such challenges is "in the [New] Constitution....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 11:27:57 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2023, 12:12:06 am »
I'm down with this.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2023, 04:04:19 am »
Raffensperger called on the Georgia General Assembly to amend the state Constitution to clarify that only U.S. citizens may vote in elections. He warned that liberal organizations are trying to use the courts to overturn citizenship verification ahead of the 2024 election.

It is already illegal for foreign nationals to vote in Georgia elections.  Just more CYA from Raffensperger.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-