Author Topic: Giant Spiders from Asia Now Weaving Their Way Up the US East Coast  (Read 265 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman 12/15/2023

Bonus: the Murder Hornet’s Cousin Is Now in the U.S.

We have covered the expansion of invasive species, including murder hornets, giant snails, and lanternflies.

Now, there are reports that enormous eight-inch-long spiders from Asia are weaving their way up the US East Coast and spreading out west.

Experts say the Jorō spider can fly 50 to 100 miles at a stretch, using their webbing as a parasail to glide in the wind, and it’s now also hitching rides up east coast highways — but the creatures aren’t known to pose a threat to humans or pets.

However, the jury is still out on the impact that this giant spider, which is believed to have first arrived in the US a decade ago via shipping containers arriving in Georgia, might have on local wildlife.

One thing that is certain, according to an ecologist at Rutgers University’s Lockwood Lab in New Jersey, who spoke with DailyMail.com: ‘Soon enough, possibly even next year, they should be in New Jersey and New York.’

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/12/giant-spiders-from-asia-now-weaving-their-way-up-the-us-east-coast/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Giant Spiders from Asia Now Weaving Their Way Up the US East Coast
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 01:05:58 pm »
Looks like a garden variety Banana Spider to me.  OOhhh. Nooezzzz!!!!!!

Kidding aside, these critters are great at insect control if you are lucky enough to get one to spin a web near your house.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.