Author Topic: DOJ's handling of Hunter Biden case is 'inexplicable,' says Turley, as ex-prosecutor faces questioni  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ's handling of Hunter Biden case is 'inexplicable,' says Turley, as ex-prosecutor faces questioning
'I can't think of one' reason to allow the statute of limitations on unpaid taxes to expire, Turley noted
By Fox News Staff Fox News
Published December 14, 2023 4:00pm EST

OX News contributor Jonathan Turley told "America’s Newsroom" on Thursday that the "glaring issue" in the Hunter Biden case is how the Department of Justice allowed early potential tax felonies against the first son to expire. The George Washington University law professor questioned why Special Counsel David Weiss, who is investigating Hunter Biden’s possible misconduct, would allow the statute of limitations to run out during an investigation.

JONATHAN TURLEY: Well, things are going poorly, I think, for the Biden team. Obviously, this was not a great week. The impeachment inquiry is indeed that — it's an inquiry. It's an effort to confirm these facts. The Democrats voted unanimously to stop further questions, even though half of Americans, according to a recent poll, support the inquiry. Seventy percent of Americans believe the president has acted illegally or unethically. So these questions do have to be answered.

Now, whether they'll be answered by [Lesley] Wolf is a very good question. She may still be operating under instructions from the Department of Justice as to what she can discuss about the handling of this case. The glaring issue remains the fact that the Department of Justice allowed these early felonies to expire. The whistleblowers have said they had a deal on the table that would have allowed that statute of limitations to be extended. For some inexplicable reason, Weiss allowed it to expire. And I've got to tell you, I pride myself on being able to share both sides of a legal issue. I can't imagine the rationale for allowing felonies to expire in the middle of an investigation. Maybe she can, because I can't think of one.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dojs-handling-hunter-biden-case-inexplicable-turley-ex-prosecutor-faces-questioning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

It is easily explained.

The DOJ is corrupt. It protects democrats in high places and persecutes political enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It is easily explained.

The DOJ is corrupt. It protects democrats in high places and persecutes political enemies.

There needs to be a reckoning or the country doesn't recover.