Author Topic: Trump's gag order challenge in New York AG Letitia James' civil suit rejected  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's gag order challenge in New York AG Letitia James' civil suit rejected
New York court rejects Trump's gag order challenge in New York Attorney General Letitia James' civil suit
 By Stepheny Price , Maria Paronich Fox News
Published December 14, 2023 3:05pm EST | Updated December 14, 2023 3:20pm EST

The New York State Appellate Division First Department has rejected former President Trump’s challenge to the gag orders imposed by Judge Arthur Engoron.

The non-jury civil trial stems from New York Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit against Trump and his businesses in the state.

Back in September, Engoron ruled that Trump and the Trump Organization had committed fraud while building his real estate empire, by deceiving banks, insurers and others, by overvaluing his assets and exaggerating his net worth on paperwork used in making deals and securing financing.

"He ruled against me without knowing anything about me," Trump said on the stand. "He called me a fraud, and he didn’t know anything about me."

Following the ruling, Engoron imposed a partial gag order to prevent all parties from engaging in any verbal attacks against court staff after Trump criticized a member of the judge’s office on social media.

Engoron added that "personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, not appropriate" and warned they would not be tolerated.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-gag-order-challenge-new-york-ag-letitia-james-civil-suit-rejected
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34