Author Topic: 13-year-old accused of plotting mass shooting at Temple Israel synagogue in Ohio  (Read 359 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

13-year-old accused of plotting mass shooting at Temple Israel synagogue in Ohio
Nancy Molnar
Minnah Arshad
USA TODAY NETWORK

CANTON ‒ A 13-year-old is accused of planning a mass shooting at Temple Israel, a synagogue in Ohio.

The teen faces juvenile counts of inducing panic and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors after the threat was discovered around Sept. 1, according to court records.

The suspect "did create a detailed plan to complete a mass shooting" at the Canton, Ohio, synagogue on Discord, an online platform for group chats, court filings said. The threat was reported to law enforcement, and multiple public agencies were notified, including the school system, causing "significant public alarm within those agencies," documents said.

The boy's trial is set for Dec. 20 in Stark County Family Court. The Stark County Sheriff's Office investigated.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/12/13/teen-accused-plotting-mass-shooting-temple-israel/71911663007/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I might very well be wrong,but I have a hard time believing a 13  year old came to that type of thinking and action all on his own.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

I might very well be wrong,but I have a hard time believing a 13  year old came to that type of thinking and action all on his own.

He’s probably been exposed to a constant barrage of “Joos bad” on his social media accounts
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy