Author Topic: 10 teens arrested, charged in connection to DC carjacking rings  (Read 315 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 teens arrested, charged in connection to DC carjacking rings
« on: December 14, 2023, 07:55:41 pm »
AMERICAN NEWS Dec 13, 2023
10 teens arrested, charged in connection to DC carjacking rings

The teens allegedly had a group chat where they discussed "some of the carjackings covered by these indictments," Graves said. "One Defendant wrote 'GTA IRL' which we allege means 'Grand Theft Auto' in real life."

Hannah Nightingale
Washington DC
Dec 13, 2023

The Department of Justice announced on Monday that 10 teenagers have been charged in connection to carjacking rings in the District of Columbia.

Seven teens were charged as part of a 19-count indictment filed in the Superior Court in the District of Columbia, five of which were underage at the time of the crimes, and three were charged as part of a 33-page superseding indictment filed in US District Court.

Jaelen Jordan, 18, and Warren Montgomery, 19, both of Washington D.C., and Byron Gillum, 18, Isaiah Flowers, 18, Jahkai Goff, 19, Taj Giles, 18, and Irshaad Ellis-Bey, 18, all of Prince Geroge’s County, Maryland, have been charged in the Superior Court as part of a conspiracy to commit a series of armed carjackings across the district between February and May 2023.

https://thepostmillennial.com/10-teens-arrested-charged-in-connection-to-dc-carjacking-rings
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

Re: 10 teens arrested, charged in connection to DC carjacking rings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 08:43:01 pm »
A pet peeve of mine. Technically these people are teens. Legally they are adults. The whole "teen" description is used to create sympathy, imho.

If the press just can't bare saying "men"...then just say people.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 08:47:55 pm »
Would rather the headline read: "Ten young, rotten MFers arrested for car-jackings/terrorizing"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 03:24:59 am »
A pet peeve of mine. Technically these people are teens. Legally they are adults. The whole "teen" description is used to create sympathy, imho.

If the press just can't bare saying "men"...then just say people.
A few decades ago they would have been called men as they fought and died in wars, these aren't teens(well technically only) and they sure as hell aren't men, they're pissant thugs and there should be open season on their @sses, no bag limit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 03:25:48 am by GtHawk »