Author Topic: California could vote on turning sewage into drinking water next week  (Read 454 times)

Offline corbe

California could vote on turning sewage into drinking water next week

By Heather Hunter December 13, 2023 07:23 PM

The California State Water Resources Control Board is tentatively planning a vote next week to approve a landmark water regulation that would turn sewage into drinking water across California.

The rules would allow "toilet to tap," converting water from toilet and shower drains into drinking water.

The project is an effort to tackle climate change and the problem of water droughts .

Currently, the sewage water gets treated and released into oceans, rivers, water parks, or used to irrigate fields in California.

The plan would take the wastewater and have it treated at a higher level and then send it back into the main water supply over the course of hours to days.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/equality-not-elitism/california-vote-sewage-into-drinking-water-next-week
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: California could vote on turning sewage into drinking water next week
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 06:22:52 pm »
   Living right next to the largest ocean in the world they come up with this idea.  They'll probably bottle this abomination and sell it to their citizens afraid to drink their public water.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 06:33:49 pm »
That's ambitious for a state where NIMBY's halt construction of desalinization plants.

Would the first proposed sites be in or near poor ethnic neighborhoods, or rural locations?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »
   Living right next to the largest ocean in the world they come up with this idea.  They'll probably bottle this abomination and sell it to their citizens afraid to drink their public water.
Um, actually here in OC they have taking highly treated and purified waste water and pumping it int to the aquifers where nature does even more purifying. They have been doing this for decades before the desalination plants were proposed and turned down by the ignorant members of the California State Water Resources Control Board because...it would add to global warming. There is a need along the coast to maintain the level of fresh water to minimize salt water intrusion. Of course the need wouldn't be so dire if democrats weren't importing millions of illegals to put further strain on dwindling resources.