Author Topic: 1 Marine Dead, 14 Injured After Amphibious Combat Vehicle Rollover During Training at Camp Pendleton  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
1 Marine Dead, 14 Injured After Amphibious Combat Vehicle Rollover During Training at Camp Pendleton

Military.com | By Steve Beynon
Published December 13, 2023 at 3:57pm ET

One Marine was killed and another 14 were injured in a vehicle rollover incident Monday at Camp Pendleton, California, according to the Marine Corps.

The Marines were in an amphibious combat vehicle, or ACV, that rolled over during ground movement in a training exercise, the service said in a release Wednesday. They were assigned to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

The name of the Marine killed is being withheld until next of kin are notified, a common practice among the service branches. The Marine Corps did not release the names of the service members who were injured or their conditions. They were taken to Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton and local hospitals for treatment.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/12/13/1-marine-dead-14-injured-after-amphibious-combat-vehicle-rollover-during-training-camp-pendleton.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson