Author Topic: Miranda Devine: Hunter Biden can duck the hot seat all he wants — but not the facts  (Read 169 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hunter Biden can duck the hot seat all he wants — but not the facts
By Social Links for Miranda Devine
Published Dec. 13, 2023, 10:29 p.m. ET

Hunter Biden showed he has his father’s chutzpah Wednesday when he blew off a congressional subpoena to hold a woe-is-me press conference on Capitol Hill.

“I’m here. I’m ready,” he said, and then swept away in his motorcade without answering a single question.

Like father, like son.

Of course, there’s nothing bold or brave about inviting a contempt charge from Congress when you have Daddy’s pardon power in your back pocket.

Hunter could have taken his entourage over to the House hearing room where Oversight Chairman James Comer was waiting for him to testify — and simply pleaded the Fifth, to avoid complicating his twin indictments on tax and gun charges.

Instead, he chose a cocky public-relations strategy to manipulate the public narrative by painting himself as an object of pity and playing on the kind hearts of the American people, a cynical artform his father has employed to great effect throughout his political career.

“MAGA Republicans ridiculed my struggle with addiction. They belittled my recovery and they have tried to dehumanize me, all to embarrass and damage my father who has devoted his entire life to service,” Hunter said.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/12/13/opinion/hunter-ducks-hot-seat-but-not-facts/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34