Author Topic: White House hosting nearly 100 lawmakers to brainstorm gun violence prevention ideas  (Read 475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House hosting nearly 100 lawmakers to brainstorm gun violence prevention ideas

Lawmakers from 39 states came to the White House for a discussion with Biden administration officials about ways to better reduce gun violence
ByCOLLEEN LONG Associated Press
December 13, 2023, 7:00 AM

WASHINGTON -- The White House on Wednesday hosted nearly 100 lawmakers from around the country to discuss how their states can try to better reduce gun violence. "You’re not in it alone,” Vice President Kamala Harris told them.

The event was run by the Office of Gun Violence Prevention, a new undertaking from President Joe Biden in September that has developed guidelines to help states take action.

“We’ve been meeting with the state legislators ever since the start of our office, and one thing we hear all the time is they want to do more to reduce gun violence,” said Stefanie Feldman, director of the Office of Gun Violence Prevention. “The question is, what should they do and how?”

The gathering attracted lawmakers from 39 states, including Nevada, where a gunman last week killed three faculty members and wounded a fourth in a roughly 10-minute rampage at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. That shooter had a list of targets at the school and more than 150 rounds of ammunition, police said.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-hosting-100-us-lawmakers-brainstorm-gun-105618698
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Gun violence prevention ideas = arrest criminals, charge criminals, prosecute criminals, hold gun crime criminals in jail awaiting trial, try criminals, sentence criminals to prison

Anything else is a scheme to subvert the 2nd Amendment.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Incentivize two parent households and hold parents accountable for the actions of their crotch critters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Take private security and taxpayer security away from elected officials and let them figure it out.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
Stefanie Feldman, director of the Office of Gun Violence Prevention.

This Wackadoodle has had her hand in a bunch of weird positions for Biden over the years... Things the government really only screws up when it touches it.

I am sure this conference has zero incentive to stop gun violence, but to grab guns from law abiding citizens.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This Wackadoodle has had her hand in a bunch of weird positions for Biden over the years... Things the government really only screws up when it touches it.

I am sure this conference has zero incentive to stop gun violence, but to grab guns from law abiding citizens.
I am sure that one of the reasons they want to disarm law abiding citizens is to prevent gun violence by them on violent criminal thugs trying to kill them. Gotta protect their voters.

Offline Hoodat

Here's a novel idea.  Why not enforce laws already on the books against people who commit crimes with guns?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-