Author Topic: Migrant encounters hit daily record at southern border, as Washington struggles to agree on solution  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant encounters hit daily record at southern border, as Washington struggles to agree on solutions
Democrats and Republicans are trying to agree on border provisions in a supplemental spending bill
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw , Bill Melugin , Griff Jenkins Fox News
Published December 6, 2023 2:24pm EST

Retired Border Patrol chief: ‘When is this going to end?’
Retired Yuma sector Border Patrol Chief Chris Clem describes mostly single adult males crossing the border near Lukeville, Ariz.

Migrant encounters at the southern border hit the highest total for a single day ever recorded on Tuesday, marking yet another record broken as part of the ongoing migrant crisis which has hammered cities at both the border and across the country.

Multiple Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sources told Fox News that there were over 12,000 migrant encounters on Tuesday. Over 10,200 of those were Border Patrol encounters of illegal immigrants coming between ports of entry.

That Border Patrol number is among the highest number of encounters ever recorded for the agency by itself but breaks a record when combined with the encounters by CBP’s Office of Field Operations at ports of entry.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/migrant-encounters-hit-daily-record-at-southern-border-as-washington-struggles-to-agree-on-solutions
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
as Washington struggles to agree on solutions

The so-called solutions are how to do absolutely nothing about it but making it look like they are.  And if they are forced to do something, what is the least they can do and still maintain their public office welfare and get re-elected? 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson