Author Topic: Russia Reels From -76°F Cold Blast, Munich Breaks December Snow Record  (Read 246 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY PIERRE GOSSELIN ON DEC 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Russia Reels From -76°F Cold Blast, Munich Breaks December Snow Record
russia snowfall

Extreme cold has set in across most of Russia’s 17.1 million km² (10.63 million square miles) territory, the third year in a row that the country has suffered from severe frost in early December: -61.1°C (-77.98°F) in Delyankir on December 8, 2021, and -61°C (-77.80°F) in Oymyakon on December 12, 2022. [emphasis, links added]

Image: Temperature anomalies of up to -30°C below the seasonal average. Cropped at EIKE.

Lowest in 40 years

In the vast region of Yakutia (3.1 million km²), half of the weather stations there reported temperatures below -50°C (-58°F) on December 4.

In the city of Iema, an early temperature of -58.7°C (-73.66°F) was recorded on December 5, the lowest December temperature in the city for more than 40 years.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/russia-reels-from-76f-cold-blast-munich-breaks-december-snow-record/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson