Author Topic: Drone, rockets fired at US-led coalition forces in Iraq and Syria  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drone, rockets fired at US-led coalition forces in Iraq and Syria

Attacks on bases in western Iraq and northeast Syria claimed by Islamic Resistance in Iraq coalition, which opposes US support for Israel in war against Hamas
By AFP
12 December 2023, 2:18 pm   0

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A drone and rockets targeted two military bases in Iraq and Syria on Monday housing forces of the international coalition against the Islamic State group, a US military official said.

Both attacks were claimed by the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, a loose formation of armed groups affiliated with the Hashed al-Shaabi coalition of former paramilitaries that are now integrated into Iraq’s regular armed forces.

These pro-Iran groups violently oppose US backing for Israel in its war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, which erupted on October 7 when the terror group launched a deadly attack into Israel, killing 1,200 people, most of them civilians massacred amid brutal atrocities in their homes, communities and at a music festival.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/drone-rockets-fired-at-us-led-coalition-forces-in-iraq-and-syria/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson