Author Topic: The Anatomy of the Statist  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Anatomy of the Statist
« on: December 13, 2023, 08:02:11 pm »
The Anatomy of the Statist

12/12/2023Patrick Carroll
The statist is a complex creature, composed of many parts, some of which are more obvious than others. No two statists are exactly the same, but many of them share a set of common elements. Studying these elements can shed light on why the statist is so wedded to their statism, and it can also shed light on what can be done to transform them into a civilized human being.

The following list of elements is by no means accurate or complete. This is, after all, still a budding science, and progress is sure to be made in the coming years and decades to correct and add to this list. Nevertheless, a first stab must be made, a first attempt to chronicle and categorize those elements which are likely to be found in your typical statist. This list may be regarded as such a first attempt.

The Humanitarian

https://mises.org/wire/anatomy-statist
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson