Author Topic: 5 convicted of murder, attempted murder in California Halloween party shooting  (Read 241 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

5 convicted of murder, attempted murder in California Halloween party shooting

By NATHANIEL PERCY | npercy@scng.com | Southern California News Group
PUBLISHED: December 13, 2023 at 4:47 a.m. | UPDATED: December 13, 2023 at 9:09 a.m.

Five gang members were convicted by a jury Wednesday, Nov. 15, of killing three men and injuring nine other people in a shooting at a Halloween-themed house party in Long Beach four years ago where they mistakenly believed rival gang members would be in attendance.

Jeremy Penh, 29, David Long, 23, Kaylin Thik, 24, Ryan Sim, 22 and Grant Johnson, 39 kept their heads straight ahead as guilty verdicts were read for three counts of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted murder in Long Beach Superior Court.

The jury needed about five hours to reach a verdict after a trial that lasted over a month. The panel also found true special circumstance allegations of multiple murders and that the defendants were active participants in a criminal street gang and gun allegations against Long, Thik and Sim, who were identified by prosecutors as the shooters in the shooting on Oct. 29, 2019.

The next court date for the five men is Jan. 29, when they may be sentenced.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2023/12/13/5-convicted-of-murder-attempted-murder-in-long-beach-halloween-party-shooting-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It would be unliberal to sentence these fine California citizens to prison. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson