Author Topic: American Service Members Are Taking Pay Cuts to Leave Military  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American Service Members Are Taking Pay Cuts to Leave Military
« on: December 13, 2023, 04:57:29 pm »

American Service Members Are Taking Pay Cuts to Leave Military
Story by Suzanne Blake  •
20h

While many American military members look for a way out of active duty, financial barriers might be keeping them from leaving.

In a McKinsey survey of 150,000 service members who transitioned out, 90,000 said they earn less than they did while on active duty.

"Many service members leave the military for various reasons, from personal and family, to health and wellness, to civilian career opportunities," retired 12th SMA Jack L. Tilley, co-founder of American Freedom Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to helping veterans and families transition from military to civilian life, told Newsweek. "Oftentimes, many people choose to leave simply because they have fulfilled their commitment."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/american-service-members-are-taking-pay-cuts-to-leave-military/ar-AA1lp6tW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6fb0ba74d594487faea1433776160421&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: American Service Members Are Taking Pay Cuts to Leave Military
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 05:09:18 pm »
Why would people stay in an organization that is pro anyone who isn't a white male, pro trannie and gay in particular, that is more interested in conquering global warming instead of wars, that collaborates with China against a sitting president, that thinks being woke is a good defense strategy?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson