Author Topic: Elderly Jewish couple assaulted on their way to Beverly Hills synagogue for Sabbath services, suspec  (Read 434 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Elderly Jewish couple assaulted on their way to Beverly Hills synagogue for Sabbath services, suspect arrested
Antisemitic attacks have spiked since Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, killing over 1,200 and taking over 200 captive.

Elderly Jewish couple assaulted on their way to Beverly Hills synagogue for Sabbath services, suspect arrested

Ari Hoffman
Seattle WA
Dec 12, 2023

On Saturday, a man was arrested for allegedly attacking an elderly man while yelling antisemitic comments at him.

According to the Beverly Hills Police Department, Jarris Jay Silagi, 44, of Los Angeles, was busted after fleeing the scene.

On Saturday at approximately 9:00 am, officers were dispatched to North Rexford Drive and North Santa Monica Boulevard for reports of a person who had been assaulted with a deadly weapon. Responding officers found an elderly man who had a cut on his head after he had been hit with a belt.

https://thepostmillennial.com/elderly-jewish-couple-assaulted-on-their-way-to-beverly-hills-synagogue-for-sabbath-services-suspect-arrested
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If Beverly Hills falls under the LA District Attorney, the charges could well be dismissed.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Beverly Hills falls under the LA District Attorney, the charges could well be dismissed.
Gascon is the LA County DA so he oversees BH also, so yeah expect charges to be either dismissed or reduced to less than jaywalking.

Online berdie

I'm still having a hard time comprehending these types of attacks are happening here.

Online libertybele

I'm still having a hard time comprehending these types of attacks are happening here.

Unfortunately, I believe that such attacks will become more prevalent. There have been attacks on Catholic churches and I foresee that Catholics will become the next targets .... then all Christians in general.  Have no doubts that Hamas is in this country.  It has been confirmed and acknowledged by the FBI.  It's just a matter of time before they rise up. 535 members of Congress are continuing to allow our borders to remain wide open. 

Let's Go Brandon!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

Unfortunately, I believe that such attacks will become more prevalent. There have been attacks on Catholic churches and I foresee that Catholics will become the next targets .... then all Christians in general.  Have no doubts that Hamas is in this country.  It has been confirmed and acknowledged by the FBI.  It's just a matter of time before they rise up. 535 members of Congress are continuing to allow our borders to remain wide open. 

Let's Go Brandon!

I don't doubt you at all. One of my friends is Catholic and told me some time ago about the protesters outside of mass 7/8 years ago. I was amazed. But at least it wasn't violent.

It's too bad that the general population doesn't know history, or at least look at what is happening in England/Europe and doesn't get the message. It will happen here. And is to a degree.

Online mountaineer

Unfortunately, I believe that such attacks will become more prevalent. There have been attacks on Catholic churches and I foresee that Catholics will become the next targets .... then all Christians in general. 
If your church or synagogue has not taken steps to protect its members and property, it better be done soon. This is one resource, but there are others: https://www.sheepdogchurchsecurity.net/index.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

I was unaware that Homeland Security purports to have issued helpful information for "faith-based communities." Feel free to take anything coming from the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (wth) with a grain of salt.
Physical Security Performance Goals for Faith-Based Communities
DECEMBER 2023

As the National Coordinator for critical infrastructure security and resilience, the Cybersecurity and
Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) leads the national effort to understand, manage, and reduce risk to the
cyber and physical infrastructure Americans rely on every day.
As noted in the 2024 Homeland Threat Assessment issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
(DHS), the threat of violence from individuals radicalized in the United States will “remain high . . . marked
by lone offenders or small group attacks that occur with little warning.” In this dynamic threat environment,
ideological differences can result in attacks anywhere, including at houses of worship. This fact is made
evident by the persistent threats and senseless attacks occurring at churches, synagogues, temples,
mosques, and other faith-based locations. The goal of these attacks is to weaken the fabric of our nation;
together, we must do everything possible to protect our citizens, our infrastructure, and our way of life. To
address this rising concern in partnership with faith-based leaders, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas
reconstituted the Faith-Based Security Advisory Council to provide recommendations on matters related to
protecting houses of worship and to enhance coordination with the faith community.

CISA remains fully committed to its longstanding partnership with faith-based leaders to advance the protection of houses of worship while preserving their open and welcoming environments. Through a multitude of capabilities, the agency supports faith-based communities in improving physical and cyber security practices. To that end, CISA developed this guide in partnership with multiple leaders and security experts from interfaith groups and several other DHS programs to introduce foundational benchmarks for implementing simple cost-effective measures to bolster security. I encourage you to use this guide to establish or improve security practices that keep your house of worship and congregants safe and secure. Thank you for your continued dedication to maintaining a partnership with CISA to collaboratively protect our communities.

Jen Easterly
Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
December 2023
JEN   ...
https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-12/physical-security-performance-goals-faith-based-communities-508c.pdf

This is Jen:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org