Author Topic: Bing Crosby, David Bowie’s ‘Little Drummer Boy’ duet was a Christmas miracle that almost didn’t happ  (Read 301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bing Crosby, David Bowie’s ‘Little Drummer Boy’ duet was a Christmas miracle that almost didn’t happen
The estate of the 'White Christmas' singer has released a new holiday album, 'Christmas Gems'
By Stephanie Nolasco Fox News
Published December 12, 2023 5:00am EST

Bing Crosby’s son lost his father when he was 19 years old, but he still hears his voice every year at any Christmas party he attends.

The crooner, who remains a holiday staple with songs like "White Christmas" and "Little Drummer Boy," died in 1977 at age 74. This year, Crosby’s estate and Primary Wave Music have teamed up to release "Bing Crosby’s Christmas Gems," a 14-track album that features a collection of holiday classics and rare recordings from the star’s archives.

"I’m very excited – the whole family’s excited," Harry Crosby told Fox News Digital. "I can’t believe we’re coming up close to 50 years since dad passed… We wanted to share a part of dad during Christmas, and also share a part of him that many people may not know about."

"Our family had a great amount of input into this [album]," the 65-year-old shared. "We haven’t heard some of these songs in a very long time. Some of these have been dormant for decades. It’s our way of telling a special story about our dad."

A younger generation may remember Crosby best from his 1977 duet with David Bowie for "Little Drummer Boy" – a collaboration that almost didn’t happen. The television special was recorded shortly before Crosby’s death.

When producers of Crosby’s Christmas TV special asked Bowie to sing "Little Drummer Boy," he refused, the Washington Post reported.

"I hate this song. Is there something else I could sing?" Bowie was quoted as saying.

The show’s supervisors panicked as the special was aimed at a younger audience.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bing-crosby-david-bowies-little-drummer-boy-duet-christmas-miracle-almost-didnt-happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpXMy5GalI&ab_channel=BingCrosbyVEVO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I remember watching this *live*... :crying:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I remember it live too.  And as nice it was, still maybe one of the more bizzare moments in music history. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.