Author Topic: Pentagon alarmed by Chinese rush for 'intelligentized' warfare, but experts warn about over-reliance  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pentagon alarmed by Chinese rush for 'intelligentized' warfare, but experts warn about over-reliance on AI
China could overtake the US in AI capabilities by 2025 and lead globally by 2030
By Peter Aitken Fox News
Published December 12, 2023 4:00am EST

Defense forum focuses on China, AI and new US military technologies
FOX News' Jennifer Griffin reports from the Reagan National Defense Forum in Simi Valley, California.

The U.S. Department of Defense has warned that China’s artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives have seen heavy integration with the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), raising concerns of a possible AI arms race.

"The size, scope and sophistication of Chinese military modernization programs is breathtaking," James Anderson, who served as the deputy undersecretary of defense during the Trump administration, told Fox News Digital. "The report makes clear that Beijing remains hellbent on developing a world-class military force, despite its recent economic slowdown."

The annual Pentagon report on the Military and Security Developments involving the People’s Republic of China argues in the preface that China remains "the" pacing challenge for the Department of Defense as Beijing seeks "national rejuvenation" by 2049 – the centenary anniversary for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pentagon-alarmed-chinese-rush-intelligentized-warfare-experts-warn-reliance-ai
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

but experts warn about over-reliance on AI

A very tactful way of saying China is currently kicking our asses in this technology.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson