Author Topic: U.S.-Chinese military hotline hasn't been restored a month after Biden-Xi summit  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S.-Chinese military hotline hasn't been restored a month after Biden-Xi summit
Last month, Biden declared the resumption of contacts a signature achievement. U.S. military officials say their Chinese colleagues haven't been taking their calls.

Dec. 11, 2023, 10:50 PM EST
By Courtney Kube and Carol E. Lee

Nearly a month after President Joe Biden announced that he and Chinese President Xi Jinping had agreed to resume direct communications between U.S. and Chinese military commanders, U.S. defense officials have repeatedly tried to reach their Chinese counterparts but not received any responses, according to three senior U.S. officials.

Biden touted an agreement to restore direct military communications, or a hotline, after more than a year at a Nov. 16 news conference after he met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in San Francisco. The resumption of those communications was one of the signature achievements cited by U.S. officials.

Biden called the agreement “critically important” and evidence that he and Xi “made real progress,” saying, “We’re back to direct, open, clear, direct communications.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/us-chinese-military-hotline-hasnt-restored-month-biden-xi-summit-rcna129137
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thoroughly woke Milley showed how important that hot line is when you want to commit treason. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson