Author Topic: Illegal Immigration Surges Months After Biden, Trudeau Make Deal To Crack Down On Northern Border In  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Immigration Surges Months After Biden, Trudeau Make Deal To Crack Down On Northern Border Influx

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
December 10, 2023

Illegal immigration at the northern border has increased in recent months, despite President Joe Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau making a deal in March to crack down on the influx of migrants crossing into the U.S.

As part of the deal, authorities at the U.S.-Canadian border must return migrants who cross illegally to make their asylum claims either to Canada or the U.S. However, Border Patrol encounters of migrants crossing illegally into the U.S. have only increased in recent months, jumping to 1,154 in July and all the way up to 1,521 in October, according to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data.

For a short time after the deal, Border Patrol encounters of migrants crossing the northern border illegally into the U.S. decreased from 992 in March to 977 in April, 803 in May and 844 in June, according to CBP data. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Border Agents From Across The Country Called To ‘Virtually’ Process Migrants Surging Across Southern Border)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/12/10/illegal-immigration-northern-border-biden/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Illegal Aliens Crossing Into U.S. From Canada Despite Government Deal
© Provided by State Of The Union

Despite a deal between President Joe Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to reduce illegal immigration, the northern U.S.-Canadian border has seen an increase in illegal crossings.

Border Patrol encounters have risen, despite efforts to return migrants who cross illegally.

Some migrants are released into the U.S. if they claim a “credible fear,” contributing to the surge.
The situation has not improved, with residents and officials reporting a worsening trend.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/illegal-aliens-crossing-into-u-s-from-canada-despite-government-deal/ar-AA1lpJan?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=23a09b09ec2e4a7890d4cb5a2704c244&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson