Author Topic: Inflation Picks Up Slightly as Bidenflation Persists for 33rd Straight Month  (Read 539 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Carney 12 Dec 2023

Inflation accelerated slightly in November, marking the thirty-third consecutive month with annual prices rising significantly faster than the two percent target seen as healthy by the Federal Reserve.

The consumer-price index, the Labor Department’s broad measurement of what consumers pay for goods and services, rose 3.1 in November from a year earlier, a slightly lower annual rate from October.

Consumer inflation hit its recent peak of 9.2 percent in June of 2022 and has since retreated as the Federal Reserve raised interest rates at a record pace and the Biden administration’s spending was reined in by lawmakers worried about extraordinarily large budget deficits.

Compared with the prior month, the consumer-price index rose 0.1 percent in November, up from the flat month-to-month reading in October. Economists had been expecting the Department of Labor to report another flat month for inflation.

President Biden suffers from very low approval ratings, driven by public dissatisfaction with high inflation and the administration’s leadership on economic issues. Attempts by the Biden administration to shift public opinion by claiming as achievements of “Bidenomics” that more benign developments in the economy, including the return of unemployment to levels last seen while Donald Trump was president, have largely backfired.

So-called core prices, which exclude volatile food and energy items, rose four percent compared with a year ago. From the previous month, core prices rose by an expected 0.3 percent, an acceleration from 0.2 percent in October.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/12/12/inflation-picked-up-slightly-in-november-as-bidenflation-persists-for-33rd-straight-month/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Inflation falls to 3.1 percent as Fed holds crucial meeting
by Sylvan Lane - 12/12/23 8:33 AM ET

Consumer prices rose 3.1 percent over the past year as annual inflation continued to decline, according to data released Tuesday by the Labor Department.

The Labor Department’s consumer price index (CPI) fell from an annual inflation rate of 3.2 percent in October after prices rose just 0.1 percent last month.

Economists expected the annual inflation rate to fall to 3.1 percent after another month of prices holding steady.

The new inflation data comes as Federal Reserve officials meet for the final time this year and mull whether to hike, cut or maintain their current baseline interest rates.

more
https://thehill.com/business/4355332-november-inflation-federal-reserve-rate-hikes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

We need a new energy policy, fiscal policy, and monetary policy.

Without those, inflation will persist.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden's Inflation.  Biden's Open Border.  Biden Biden Biden

////00000////

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 03:05:14 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
One thing that gets lost in all this mumble bumble of month to month statistical CPI bulshit............

Things have gone up nearly 20% across the board since Day 1 of Pedo Joe's reign of terror.

That baseline loss of 20% is never coming back.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 06:39:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Just prepared my detailed expected 2024 budget......  Which I go into painstaking to the penny level of detail.

2024?  Up 9.13% vs. 2023. 

So anytime Pedo Joe starts waving that 3% CPI bullshit flag at you........

Lies, lies, and more lies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Wholly apart from gasoline and food, which are bad enough, some of our expenses over which we have no control - water, trash pickup and natural gas - either have gone up already or will in the next few months. Inflation marches on. FJB.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

Just prepared my detailed expected 2024 budget......  Which I go into painstaking to the penny level of detail.

2024?  Up 9.13% vs. 2023. 

So anytime Pedo Joe starts waving that 3% CPI bullshit flag at you........

Lies, lies, and more lies.

Naysayer

Who are you going to believe? Your own budget or Biden and his affirmative action press secretary?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

Wholly apart from gasoline and food, which are bad enough, some of our expenses over which we have no control - water, trash pickup and natural gas - either have gone up already or will in the next few months. Inflation marches on. FJB.

Everything you mentioned plus insurance. House, auto, health.

I just hate when Biden asks me to believe him instead of my lying eyes.