Author Topic: Poll: 50% of Young Americans Question Holocaust, Nearly Half of Those Believing It a ‘Myth’  (Read 1222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: 50% of Young Americans Question Holocaust, Nearly Half of Those Believing It a ‘Myth’

Joshua Klein 11 Dec 2023

Half of young Americans are either unsure of the Nazi Holocaust’s authenticity or outright believe it to be a “myth,” according to a recent survey that reveals a worrying trend in the U.S. across the younger generation.

One in five young Americans believe the Nazi Holocaust to be a “myth,” according to the survey.

A YouGov/The Economist poll revealed concerning levels of Holocaust ignorance among young Americans, with roughly 20 percent of 18⁠–⁠29-year-olds believing the horrific tragedy — the systematic genocide of six million Jews and millions of other victims of Nazism — to be a myth, even higher than the eight percent in the 30⁠–⁠44 age group.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/11/poll-50-young-americans-question-holocaust-half-believe-myth/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Poll: 50% of Young Americans Question Holocaust, Nearly Half of Those Believing It a ‘Myth’

Joshua Klein 11 Dec 2023

Half of young Americans are either unsure of the Nazi Holocaust’s authenticity or outright believe it to be a “myth,” according to a recent survey that reveals a worrying trend in the U.S. across the younger generation.

One in five young Americans believe the Nazi Holocaust to be a “myth,” according to the survey.

A YouGov/The Economist poll revealed concerning levels of Holocaust ignorance among young Americans, with roughly 20 percent of 18⁠–⁠29-year-olds believing the horrific tragedy — the systematic genocide of six million Jews and millions of other victims of Nazism — to be a myth, even higher than the eight percent in the 30⁠–⁠44 age group.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/11/poll-50-young-americans-question-holocaust-half-believe-myth/

We’ve raised a generation of fools.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline cato potatoe

If you import antisemitic cultures, this is what you get.  Elon Musk got into hot water for criticizing left-wing Jews on their self destructive politics, but this is what he was referencing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

These kids and their parents are spending $50,000 per semester to become more stupid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

If you import antisemitic cultures, this is what you get.  Elon Musk got into hot water for criticizing left-wing Jews on their self destructive politics, but this is what he was referencing.

Could it be mostly because they’re asking Moslems?  Over-sampled, esp on college campus?

I find it hard to believe that many think it’s a lie.  Our culture has been inundated with this stuff as it is, and it’s full of the grievance pathos that current trend adore.

On an unrelated pet peeve soapbox note, I despise the abuse of “concerning” and its cousin “worrying”. Should be a form of “of concern” and “worrisome”. Off my soapbox.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 03:13:31 pm by the OlLine Rebel »
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline cato potatoe

Could it be mostly because they’re asking Moslems?  Over-sampled, esp on college campus?

The Muslims are given a megaphone when they enter college, but there is also a heavy strain of antisemitism across much of Latin America, and many places far removed from Europe. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 04:48:48 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline goatprairie

There are many of whatever ethnicities you can name who simply refuse to believe that their people can do evil things.
If the history of the world has proved anything it's that all the groups of the world are capable of doing evil things.
There are a number people on the far right who purport that the Holocaust was a myth or the number of Jews murdered overexaggerated.
These people simply cannot stand to look reality in the face.
It's like the people who refuse to admit the Hamas savagery on Oct 7.
WWII was real. Hitler was real. The murder of millions of Jews (and Slavic peoples too) was real.
Some deniers claim that six million Jews weren't murdered. 
So, if Hitler had only murdered one or two million Jews, would it have been any less evil?
I don't think so.

Online andy58-in-nh

Growing up as a kid in the 1960s and 70s, there were a few older people in my synagogue with numbers tattooed on their arms.

Trust me: they didn't make it up.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Today's young people are believing all kinds of idiocy. The indoctrination is a success, Herr Goebbels!

NPR/Marist poll finds that nearly 40% of Americans believe in transgenderism.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1735018386369683505
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just a random thought, but why are the majority of Jews in our country still ID-ing themselves  as liberal and democrat?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Our young are intentionally molded to be dumb as a box of rocks.  It is intentional, for it makes it easier to control them, and many are made dependent on the government, again for control purposes.

The data exists to prove what did happen under Hitler.  PERIOD!!!

A large element of those entering the USA for the last 30 years are muslims.  They dominate the people coming to the USA via the Diversity Visa Program (Greencard Lottery).  And usually, Iran is at the top of the list for the nation with the most folks coming here.  Makes zero sense to me, and like Europe, we will awake to the UGLY TRUTH of how destructive this policy is when thousands of Americans are sent to their death by these fine diverse cretins.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Growing up as a kid in the 1960s and 70s, there were a few older people in my synagogue with numbers tattooed on their arms.

@andy58-in-nh

Yeah,but you are Jewish.

Most Americans aren't and don't really know anything about the Jewish religion.

Not that lack of knowledge about something has  ever convinced  anyone to be opposed to it. Truth to tell,the natural inclination of almost everybody is to be against issues and/or actions they don't understand.

Not necessarily because they are bigots,but because being opposed to  or afraid of something you know nothing  about is a natural reaction. Who votes for the unknown?

It may not be "right",but it is human nature to fear the unknown,but pretty much  everybody alive today  has a television,even if they don't like to read or don't  know how to read,and I know there has been movies as well as documentaries about it shown on prime-time tv.

Then again,"The Holocaust" is hardly an unknown  issue. Even if you can't  read,pretty  much every adult in America has heard  of "The Holocaust" and has some idea of what happened. It ain't like  it has been kept  a secret.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Today's young people are believing all kinds of idiocy. The indoctrination is a success, Herr Goebbels!

NPR/Marist poll finds that nearly 40% of Americans believe in transgenderism.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1735018386369683505

@mountaineer

Kinda boggles the imagination,doesn't  it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just a random thought, but why are the majority of Jews in our country still ID-ing themselves  as liberal and democrat?

@catfish1957

It's a mystery to me.

Offline goatprairie

Some are just very liberal, but for many it's very difficult to break their loyalty to the party them welcomed them when they first emigrated to America is large numbers. The Republican Party, made them feel very unwelcome in the old days. The Democratic Party welcomed the millions of immigrants like the Jews, the Irish, the Italians, and a number of other European immigrants. The Republicans were the ones trying to keep immigrants in their place.
Not even the fact that the KKK hated both Jews and Republicans convinced many Jews to join the GOP.
Times change. While there is still a small segment of anti-Semites on the right and cheerleaders for the anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan, the GOP is not the same anti-Jew party it was in the days of yore.
But still before the modern era many Jews identified with civil rights that they felt were best championed by the Democratic Party. This despite the Solid South being anti-black and anti-Jew.
There is also the fact that many Jewish women are very strong proponents of abortion which the Dem Party also strongly supports and the Republican Party opposes.
We'll see how this all shakes out next year. Anti-Jewish sentiment has been growing in the Dem Party as shown in recent polls.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Some are just very liberal, but for many it's very difficult to break their loyalty to the party them welcomed them when they first emigrated to America is large numbers. The Republican Party, made them feel very unwelcome in the old days. The Democratic Party welcomed the millions of immigrants like the Jews, the Irish, the Italians, and a number of other European immigrants. The Republicans were the ones trying to keep immigrants in their place.
Not even the fact that the KKK hated both Jews and Republicans convinced many Jews to join the GOP.
Times change. While there is still a small segment of anti-Semites on the right and cheerleaders for the anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan, the GOP is not the same anti-Jew party it was in the days of yore.
But still before the modern era many Jews identified with civil rights that they felt were best championed by the Democratic Party. This despite the Solid South being anti-black and anti-Jew.
There is also the fact that many Jewish women are very strong proponents of abortion which the Dem Party also strongly supports and the Republican Party opposes.
We'll see how this all shakes out next year. Anti-Jewish sentiment has been growing in the Dem Party as shown in recent polls.

Thanks....  makes plenty of sense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This same 50% do not believe in the American Civil War. The point is, students today are so incredibly STOOPID they do not know anything about anything. They cannot read an analog clock. They cannot find America on a world map. Most of them do not know the name of the current VP. Students today wander about in a kind of blind ignorance about everything. They just do what they are told by so called internet 'influencers'

I do not take this as a symptom of antisemitism. It is more of a very clear indication of American ignorance. Which has been and still is the mandate and goal of the NEA since the early 70s. Leftism depends on stupid, ignorant, people doing what they are told without question.

The sought after point of success is when you can get people to deny blatantly obvious reality which is directly in front of their eyes. Men can get pregnant. Men and women are the same thing, with the same attributes, for example.

The whole COVID hysteria was a population control test by the Left to measure how much they have achieved so far. It was overwhelmingly successful.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 02:21:43 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Same here. And relatives. I still have nightmares about this...

@andy58-in-nh
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

This same 50% do not believe in the American Civil War. The point is, students today are so incredible STOOPID they do not know anything about anything.
Quite true. On the other hand, I can think of some home-schooled children I know who are very interested in history and know more than the average college graduate.

Offline mountaineer

Here's more stupid stuff stupid American young people believe:

79% of Americans between 18-24 believe that "white people are oppressors" and that this ideology should be "favored today at universities and for employment."

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1735780870370533508