Author Topic: Illinois Property Taxes Make Biggest Jump in 30 Years Thanks to New Backdoor Tax Hike  (Read 668 times)

Offline Hoodat

Illinois Property Taxes Make Biggest Jump in 30 Years Thanks to New Backdoor Tax Hike

WARNER TODD HUSTON  |  10 Dec 2023

The state of Illinois has some of the highest property taxes in the country and this year that number climbed, with some homeowners seeing a near 30-percent rise year over year in their tax burden.

Last year, Illinois had the second highest rate of property taxes in the country — topped only by New Jersey — with an annual average burden of $4,942 per home. But with the changes made this year, it seems likely that Illinois may claim the top spot for the worst property taxes anywhere.

Property taxes exploded in the Land of Lincoln in 2023. According to a recent study by Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas’ office, property owners saw the largest tax increase in thirty years.

Some of the towns in Cook that rose the worst were Schiller Park at 29.7% and Des Plaines at 28.7%. Many others saw between eight and 20 percent hikes. Overall, property taxes in the county rose 5.4 percent going from $16.7 billion last year to $17.6 billion this year.  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/10/illinois-property-taxes-make-biggest-jump-30-years-thanks-new-backdoor-tax-hike/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

That quite a substantial tax hike.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I live in central Il...farm country...although I think our taxes are high they are nothing compared to other parts of Il...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I live in central Il...farm country...although I think our taxes are high they are nothing compared to other parts of Il...

That's a very good thing. Yay for living in farm country.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That quite a substantial tax hike.  **nononono*

:yowsa: and one that does not even take inflation (the cruelest tax of them all) into account
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien