Author Topic: House Oversight Democrat quietly meeting with GOP lawmakers in effort to quash impeachment inquiry:  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Oversight Democrat quietly meeting with GOP lawmakers in effort to quash impeachment inquiry: sources
Raskin's efforts come ahead of a House meeting to consider a resolution to formalize the impeachment inquiry framework
By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published December 11, 2023 9:00am EST | Updated December 11, 2023 10:30am EST

EXCLUSIVE: The top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee has been informally meeting with Republicans behind closed doors in an effort to persuade them to abandon the impeachment effort against President Biden, as GOP lawmakers prepare to vote to formalize the inquiry, Fox News Digital has learned.

Committee ranking member Jamie Raskin, D-Md., has been quietly discussing impeachment with House Republicans with whom he has close relationships, multiple sources with direct knowledge of the conversations told Fox News Digital.

Sources said Raskin has been meeting with "right-wing to more moderate members" in an effort to counter GOP arguments, investigative steps, and evidence collected throughout the investigation.

Those sources told Fox News Digital that some Republicans, in recent days, have been "especially receptive to seeing the Administration’s record of cooperation with investigators."

Meanwhile, Fox News Digital has obtained "fact sheets" House Oversight Democrats plan to share with both Democrats and Republicans to support their efforts to quash the impeachment inquiry.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-oversight-democrat-quietly-meeting-gop-lawmakers-effort-quash-impeachment-inquiry-sources
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If there is no "there" there, why not let the GOP embarass itself?

It would play to the Dems' advantage in 2024, unless ...  888mouth
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If there is no "there" there, why not let the GOP embarass itself?

It would play to the Dems' advantage in 2024, unless ...  888mouth

There is plenty of "there" there which is why the Dems, and some R's, are breaking their backs to prevent any formal inquiry.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien