Author Topic: Survey: Students Who Hate Israel the Most Know the Least About It  (Read 466 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Survey: Students Who Hate Israel the Most Know the Least About It
Really, are you surprised?
December 11, 2023 by Robert Spencer 11 Comments

Newsletter

[Make sure to read Robert Spencer’s contributions in Jamie Glazov’s new book: Barack Obama’s True Legacy: How He Transformed America.]

The Left’s Long March Through the Institutions has been a resounding success. Most of our nation’s colleges and universities, including — indeed, especially — those who enjoy an outsize influence on American politics and culture, have long ago ceased to be centers of higher learning and have become centers of far-Left indoctrination. Marxist sloganeering and agitprop masquerades as genuine intellectual inquiry, and so it’s no wonder that once American youth graduate from their once-renowned institutions, they happily take jobs in government or social media that involve stripping free speech and self-defense rights from Americans. They also hate Jews and Israel, in large numbers. But in emblematic of what American academia has become is the fact that those who hate Israel the most know the least about it.

Algemeiner reported recently that “students who care strongly about the ‘Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories’ do not have knowledge of basic facts surrounding the subject, and do not share similar concerns about other geopolitical conflicts.” This wholly unstartling fact comes from a survey of 230 undergraduates at University of California, Berkeley. Ron Hassner, who has the unenviable position of being Berkeley’s Helen Diller Family Chair in Israel Studies, conducted this survey, which began by presenting students with 18 issues and asking them to rate how interested they were in them.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/survey-students-who-hate-israel-the-most-know-the-least-about-it/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: Survey: Students Who Hate Israel the Most Know the Least About It
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 02:52:57 pm »
Indoctrination at all levels of the educational system:

Media Research Center
@theMRC
🚨 MRC investigation reveals State Department used taxpayer money to fund censorship effort that trained teachers to brainwash students into only reading left-wing news.
From newsbusters.org: https://t.co/hLWFlP99gy
9:46 AM · Jan 10, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 05:02:28 pm »
That applies to any issue

Those that want Universal healthcare  the most understand healthcare, and how it operates the least

Those who want the strictest gun control understand firearms the least

Those that are currently in charge with making our energy decisions understand it the least
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 05:22:14 pm »
Dean Phillips
@deanbphillips
67% of young people believe those of the Jewish faith, just .2% of the world population, are “oppressors”.
Something very wrong and very dangerous is happening in our high schools and colleges.
8:39 AM · Jan 20, 2024

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1748496630297272823
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org