Author Topic: Biden to host Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at White House Tuesday  (Read 2320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden to host Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at White House Tuesday
Kevin Liptak
By Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated 4:11 PM EST, Sun December 10, 2023

President Joe Biden will host Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the White House Tuesday as discussions on a Ukraine aid deal remain stalled in Congress.

The visit, which the White House announced Sunday, is Zelensky’s second visit to Washington since the war in Ukraine began. He last visited in September.

Zelensky’s visit comes at a critical moment in congressional negotiations for emergency aid to Ukraine. Congress appears no closer to a deal tying immigration and border policy changes to the emergency aid package that will provide funding for Ukraine and Israel before lawmakers leave town for the holidays.

The Ukrainian president was also invited to speak at an all-senators meeting Tuesday morning by Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, a Senate leadership aide said. House Speaker Mike Johnson will meet with Zelensky too, his office said in a statement.

The White House meeting is meant to “underscore the United States’ unshakeable commitment to supporting the people of Ukraine as they defend themselves against Russia’s brutal invasion,” press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

“As Russia ramps up its missile and drone strikes against Ukraine, the leaders will discuss Ukraine’s urgent needs and the vital importance of the United States’ continued support at this critical moment,” she said.

The pair will discuss “further defense cooperation” in a series of meetings Tuesday, the office of the Ukrainian presidency said in a statement Sunday.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/10/politics/biden-zelensky-white-house-visit-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
In the midst of a historic border crisis, Zelensky will come to Washington and demand that the Congress care more about his border than our own.
4:28 PM · Dec 10, 2023

Yep, pretty much.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 09:39:04 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
In the midst of a historic border crisis, Zelensky will come to Washington and demand that the Congress care more about his border than our own.

Yep, pretty much.

This isn't the first time that Z has come to the U.S. and made demands.

With the money that has been thrown to Ukraine, we could have built a wall, secured our borders and helped out Z.  Something just isn't right.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

This isn't the first time that Z has come to the U.S. and made demands.

What demands is he making?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat wonders:
"What demands is he making?"

Is the check made out yet...?

Online Hoodat

Again, what demands is he making?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Again, what demands is he making?
He won't be at the White House until Tuesday. What demands do you believe he'll make?

Online Hoodat

He won't be at the White House until Tuesday. What demands do you believe he'll make?

I don't.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden and Speaker Johnson to Meet Volodymyr Zelensky at White House Tuesday Amid Push for Increased Congressional Aid for Ukraine
by Jim Hᴏft Dec. 10, 2023 3:20 pm

Joe Biden is set to host Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the White House this coming Tuesday.

The meeting, announced by the White House on Sunday, marks Zelenskyy’s second trip to the U.S. capital since the Russia-Ukraine war.

“President Biden has invited President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine to the White House for a meeting on Tuesday, December 12 to underscore the United States’ unshakeable commitment to supporting the people of Ukraine as they defend themselves against Russia’s brutal invasion,” Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

“As Russia ramps up its missile and drone strikes against Ukraine, the leaders will discuss Ukraine’s urgent needs and the vital importance of the United States’ continued support at this critical moment,” she added.

Raj Shah, the Deputy Chief of Communications for Speaker Johnson, has announced that Speaker Johnson is scheduled to meet with Volodymyr Zelensky at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/joe-biden-invites-volodymyr-zelensky-white-house-tuesday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Z has gone before Congress stating and insisting (perhaps would be a better word) that if he didn't get more funding he wouldn't be able to win against Russia. This isn't his first plea for more $$$.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Re: Biden to host Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at White House Tuesday
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 12:06:31 am »
Z has gone before Congress stating and insisting (perhaps would be a better word) that if he didn't get more funding he wouldn't be able to win against Russia. This isn't his first plea for more $$$.

Uh, no.  Zelenskiy went before Congress stating that if he didn't get more weapons, he wouldn't be able to win against Russia.  Big difference.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 12:56:27 am »
Secure America's southern border before you ask us to pay to secure Ukraine's eastern border.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 01:02:40 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2023, 02:50:17 pm »
Rep. Mary Miller
@RepMaryMiller
With Zelensky coming to DC this week to ask for more money, I will continue to vote AGAINST sending your tax $$ to corrupt oligarchs in Ukraine for a proxy war that could have ended in '22.

A peace deal was on the table that 🇺🇦 and 🇷🇺 were both ready to sign, but Biden said NO.
9:05 AM · Dec 11, 2023

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2023, 03:05:21 pm »
 ////00000////

Was it a "peace deal" or a "piece of Ukraine" deal?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2023, 06:22:41 pm »
The White House meeting is meant to “underscore the United States’ unshakeable commitment to supporting the people of Ukraine as they defend themselves against Russia’s brutal invasion,” press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

Why haven't we given the Ukrainians the ability to control the skies and provided F-16's as well as Warthogs. Instead we've sent cash over there some of which has been used for weaponry, but who knows where the rest of it has gone. Now everyone is so disgusted with the lack of transparency they won't get another dime.

I hate seeing Russia win, but that's what's going to happen.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2023, 06:34:01 pm »
Ukraine cannot win a major offensive without establishing parity or superiority in the air.

The decision to not allow Poland and other former Warsaw Pact nations to send their Soviet-era / Russian jets to Ukraine made this a protracted war of attrition that Ukraine will not win.

In the meantime, Russia's friends will stir up trouble in other parts of the world - Korean Peninsula (North Korea), South China Sea (PRC of China), Middle East (Iran), Latin America (Venezuela), etc. to bleed the West from providing more support for Ukraine.

Joe Biden's National Security and State Department teams are duds.  Jake Sullivan is wrong about everything.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 06:36:19 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2023, 06:59:41 pm »
Ukraine cannot win a major offensive without establishing parity or superiority in the air.

The decision to not allow Poland and other former Warsaw Pact nations to send their Soviet-era / Russian jets to Ukraine made this a protracted war of attrition that Ukraine will not win.

In the meantime, Russia's friends will stir up trouble in other parts of the world - Korean Peninsula (North Korea), South China Sea (PRC of China), Middle East (Iran), Latin America (Venezuela), etc. to bleed the West from providing more support for Ukraine.

Joe Biden's National Security and State Department teams are duds.  Jake Sullivan is wrong about everything.

I agree, so why give Ukraine just enough to keep fighting but not enough to push the invaders back to the agreed 1991 borders?

I think it's a combination of things and none of them are good; money laundering, repayment to Zelensky for keeping his mouth shut, keeping our defense contractors happy, and destroying Russia demographically and economically and finally just plain old incompetence.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2023, 07:03:12 pm »

A peace deal was on the table that 🇺🇦 and 🇷🇺 were both ready to sign, but Biden said NO.

That's a Russian propagated lie.  Miller is an idiot for believing it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2023, 07:04:03 pm »
They should ask him about this:

And Carlson's a liar too...on Putin's payroll.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2023, 07:05:27 pm »
J.D. Vance
@JDVance1

I've had enough of Vance too.  He's a moron.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2023, 07:55:27 pm »
I've had enough of Vance too.  He's a moron.
Pretty sure you won't like this, then:
Jack Montgomery
Senator Vance: Ukraine Should Cede ‘Some Territory’ to ‘Stop the Killing.’

Republican Senator J.D. Vance argued Sunday that Ukraine should cede “some territory” to Russia in order to end the war. He explained that attempting to drive Russia back to Ukraine’s 1991 borders was unrealistic. He said Joe Biden must define tangible objectives if he wants Congress to approve $61 billion in aid.

“What’s in America’s best interest is to accept Ukraine is going to have to cede some territory to the Russians, and we need to bring this war to a close,” Vance said. “But when I think about the great human tragedy here, hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans innocent have been killed in this conflict… The thing that’s in our interest and in theirs is to stop the killing.” ...
https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/12/11/senator-vance-ukraine-should-cede-some-territory-to-stop-the-killing/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 08:21:44 pm »

////00000////

Ohio,

Please give back Connecticut's ceded territory.  Connecticut changed its mind.

- Love, J.D. Vance

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2023, 08:49:13 pm »
Pretty sure you won't like this, then...

Yeah, we all know that appeasement and land for peace always works...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2023, 11:09:00 pm »
Ohio,

Please give back Connecticut's ceded territory.  Connecticut changed its mind.

- Love, J.D. Vance
Good one.