Author Topic: Want to beat the stock market? Just copy Congress! Politicians' trades perform twice as well as mark  (Read 418 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE Want to beat the stock market? Just copy Congress! Politicians' trades perform twice as well as market average and Nancy Pelosi's portfolio has grown by 50 PERCENT in 2023

A tool which mimics the trading activity of Congress members has gained 21 percent in the past year, performing twice as well as the stock market average
    A separate tracker which follows trades by Nancy Pelosi reveals her investments have increased by 50 percent in the past 12 months
    In some instances, members of congress have bought into companies just days before their prices have boomed, earning them tens of thousands of dollars

By Lewis Pennock For Dailymail.Com

Published: 12:34 EST, 9 December 2023 | Updated: 12:52 EST, 9 December 2023

Investors dedicate countless hours to solving the mystery of how to beat the stock market - and many lose millions of dollars in the process.

But the answer might be simple: Just copy Congress.

A tool which copies trades made by members of Congress and their families has gained nearly 20 percent this year – performing twice as well as the stock market average of eight to ten percent.

And a separate tool which is dedicated to tracking Nancy Pelosi's investments reveals her portfolio has returned a remarkable 50 percent in the last 12 months, vastly outperforming the 17 percent gains of the benchmark S&P500 index of America's top companies.

The tools were created by Quiver Quantitative, which uses public disclosures from members of Congress to mirror their trading activity and track the results.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12839125/congress-stock-market-nancy-pelosi.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

There is obvious insider trading going on, as we've all known for years.

The difference is that you and I would be fined and/or jailed for what Congress does with impunity.

On the other hand, I've made close to 40% this year (one of my best, ever) simply by sticking with large-cap growth stocks, and periodically cycling earnings into (suddenly) high-ish yielding money-market funds.  Not exactly rocket science when you follow the headlines...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

On the other hand, I've made close to 40% this year (one of my best, ever) simply by sticking with large-cap growth stocks, and periodically cycling earnings into (suddenly) high-ish yielding money-market funds.  Not exactly rocket science when you follow the headlines...

Yup. My plan is similar to yours.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Nancy Pelosi’s portfolio, once again, has hit a new all time high. She is up 83.45%. This year alone, her positions have made over three million in gains.

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1753511354466758881
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org