Author Topic: US provides $77 million aid to support Afghan refugees in Pakistan  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US provides $77 million aid to support Afghan refugees in Pakistan
By
Fidel Rahmati
December 10, 2023

Thomas West, the Special Representative of the United States for Afghanistan, has announced a $77 million contribution to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to support Afghan refugees in Pakistan.

Mr. West, on Sunday, revealed on his social media platform X that during his trip to Pakistan, he held discussions and meetings with the leadership of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and the International Organization for Migration.

He emphasized, “I am proud that the United States has contributed $77 million to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees for these efforts and $9 million to the International Organization for Migration this year.”

According to Mr. West, the purpose of this meeting was to support vulnerable citizens and those at risk, with a particular focus on Afghan refugees in Pakistan. He also emphasized the importance of protecting them.

https://www.khaama.com/us-provides-77-million-aid-to-support-afghan-refugees-in-pakistan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US provides $77 million aid to support Afghan refugees in Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 12:59:02 pm »
I wonder how much of that is designated as aid to terrorists?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: US provides $77 million aid to support Afghan refugees in Pakistan
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 02:32:07 pm »
And I just read the Paki's are sending 2 million refugees back to Afganistan.  They can't stand them either.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.