Author Topic: Illegal-Immigrant Soldiers Won’t Fix Our Military-Recruiting Crisis  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal-Immigrant Soldiers Won’t Fix Our Military-Recruiting Crisis

By MATT SCHOENFELDT
December 10, 2023 6:30 AM
Senator Durbin’s proposal would hinder good order and discipline, strain resources, and detract from essential training for national-security preparedness.

Two of the many problems facing America today are an out-of-control immigration crisis and a failure of military-service branches to meet their recruiting targets. In recent remarks on the Senate floor, Senator Dick Durbin (D., Ill) outlined a ridiculous proposal to kill these two birds with one stone:

We have 780,000 DACA recipients . . . many of whom want to serve the country where they grew up. But there’s an obstacle — Congress. We have not given them a pathway to citizenship. This should be a pathway. You ought to open up your opportunities, across the board in the military, to Dreamers and to DACA recipients, who really want to serve this country.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/12/illegal-immigrant-soldiers-wont-fix-our-military-recruiting-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Illegal-Immigrant Soldiers Won’t Fix Our Military-Recruiting Crisis
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 12:56:28 pm »
But if Gen. Davis makes them all high-ranking officers, he can achieve his dream of making all white officers junior to everyone else. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson