Author Topic: Eric Adams returns to Big Apple from fruitless trip to DC: 'Help is not on the way'  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams returns to Big Apple from fruitless trip to DC: 'Help is not on the way'
by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter
 December 09, 2023 10:36 AM

New York City's Democratic Mayor Eric Adams returned to Manhattan on Friday with bad news about the city's migrant crisis after he pleaded for help in Washington, D.C., this week.

Adams visited Washington, D.C., on Thursday to make up for a canceled trip to the federal city last month after an FBI investigation into his campaign required his prompt return. During the latest trip, Adams met with Democratic leaders in Congress, people from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and senior White House adviser Tom Perez.

“I did not leave with optimism,” Adams told reporters on Friday. “I left with the cold reality that help is not on the way in the immediate future. It is going to be, at this moment, it’s going to be up to New Yorkers and this administration to continue to navigate this challenge that we’re facing."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eric-adams-returns-big-apple-from-fruitless-trip-dc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson