Author Topic: Tornado outbreak leaves behind damage in Tennessee, Kentucky  (Read 577 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tornado outbreak leaves behind damage in Tennessee, Kentucky
« on: December 09, 2023, 11:56:18 pm »
Tornado outbreak leaves behind damage in Tennessee, Kentucky
Fox News, Dec 9, 2023

Supercell thunderstorms were one of many impacts from a large storm system that promised to produce snow, wind and heavy rainfall for portions of the eastern U.S.

The Storm Prediction Center received nearly a dozen reports of tornadoes in Kentucky and Tennessee on Saturday, triggering the FOX Weather Center to declare the December 9th event a tornado outbreak.

The first Tornado Warning was issued around 12:30 p.m. local time and was in effect for communities such as Rutherford, Dredson and Gleason in the northern part of the Volunteer State.

The warning was later declared a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" due to radar and observation reports.

The impacted area is about a two-hour drive outside of Nashville and the supercell stayed together long enough that warnings were issued in southern Kentucky.

More:
https://www.fox5dc.com/weather/tornado-outbreak-leaves-behind-damage-in-tennessee-kentucky

Re: Tornado outbreak leaves behind damage in Tennessee, Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 12:00:16 am »
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado emergency for Hendersonville, Gallatin, and Goodlettsville Tennessee. Residents in the area should take shelter immediately, as this is a life-threatening situation with a confirmed, extremely large, and damaging tornado on the ground causing catastrophic damage

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1733623462579544303

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 05:56:41 am »
NBC News
@NBCNews

Six people were dead and at least 23 were hospitalized with injuries after a tornado struck Nashville and the Tennessee town of Clarksville early Saturday evening, officials said.

9:15 PM · Dec 9, 2023

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 03:05:07 pm »
 Flood watch in effect as powerful storm to bring heavy rain, wind to NYC
By Social Links for Isabel Keane
Published Dec. 10, 2023, 9:11 a.m. ET

Rare high winds and flash flooding are expected to batter New York City as the potent storm system responsible for killing six in Tennessee pushes northeast into Sunday afternoon.

The low-pressure center that produced dramatic storms across the South on Saturday will head northeast, strengthening as it nears New York, where 50 million people are under flash flood watch.

“This is the first high wind alert for New York City since 2020,” Fox Meteorologist Seth Darling told The Post, noting that the warning means a greater risk of downed trees or power lines.

Within the tri-state area, rare high winds are anticipated to produce gusts of up to 50 mph, especially in areas further east, Darling added.

The heaviest rain is expected to begin around 3 p.m. and last until about 11 a.m. Monday, with up to three inches expected to be dumped along the I-95 corridor.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/12/10/metro/flood-watch-in-effect-in-nyc/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 03:07:46 pm »
 December 10, 2023 9:03am EST

Deadly tornado outbreak leaves devastating trails of destruction in Tennessee, Kentucky
Crews are still searching through the rubble of collapsed buildings after the deadly tornado outbreak in Tennessee and Kentucky on Saturday.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – At least six people have been killed and tens of thousands remain without power after a series of tornadoes tore across portions of Tennessee and Kentucky on Saturday, ripping the roofs off homes, snapping utility poles like matchsticks and destroying buildings in their path.

The deadly severe weather was part of the same system delivering snow, wind and heavy rain to the eastern U.S. this weekend.

more
https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/weekend-severe-weather-texas-louisiana-arkansas-south
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 03:44:47 pm »
How horrible.  Prayers for them.

Ditto. Especially for Briefers who may have been affected
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy