Author Topic: 2024 Alernatives for Conservatives -Constitution Party?, Libertarian Party?, Others?  (Read 2034 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't think it can be disputed that former president Donald J. Trump has taken a significant left turn in his plank and candidacy.  Ideas like:

1.  Freedom Cities, and Baby Bonuses might add up to the $15 T in added National debt.
2.  Planned confiscation of University endoowments for an American U, is about counter to conservative thought as you can get.
3.  Let's not forget, that even inflation adjusted, DJT was our leader during the largest run up in our federal deficit in our history,

I've sticky'ed this Topic for timely discussion and reference, as there are many of us Conservatives, though might have  supported him earlier, can not in good conscious accept this left direction, that in many ways is not different than our democratic enemies.   Trump has especially in this election cycle truly turned on Conservatives, and must be held to accoount.  I know I have left off several other of Trump's misgivings, but really wanted to start thoughtful discussions around the matter. 

Just for starters, I've have added links to the first two alternatives that come to mind.  If there are others, please add accordingly...

https://constitutionparty.com

https://www.lp.org

If there are interesitng or usefull updates, i'll add, and ask that you do the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can not find anything yet from the Constitution Party, or either whether they will offer a candidate in '24.   :crying:

Below is the offering from the Libertarians this year....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Libertarian_Party_presidential_primaries

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

I voted for the Libertarian candidate in 2016

He was a very successful GOP governor of New Mexico at one time and I would vote for him again if he ran
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

I've been active in the CP for a while now. With the exception of Cruz and our Zinke, my money has been going there.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I voted for the Libertarian candidate in 2016

He was a very successful GOP governor of New Mexico at one time and I would vote for him again if he ran
Johnson was the least bad of a pretty lousy slate that year.

If it comes down to Trump/Biden again... I would probably not vote. I don't see any serious effort to put forth an alternative candidate who is actually conservative. There just aren't enough of us anymore, at least with any appreciable amount of money.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I voted for Ross Perot in 1992 ... Bill Clinton won with only 43% of the popular vote.

I voted for Pat Buchanan in 1996 ... again, Bill Clinton won with only 43% of the popular vote.

Trump wants us to believe the Nomination is already his to supress votes for his opponents in the Primaries.

Right now, I'm supporting Asa Hutchinson as a dark horse candidate.  I am loathe to support any of Trump's Collaborators.

Anyone who was part of the Trump Admin or Trump campaigns is morally complicit for January 6th, 2021.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

I've been active in the CP for a while now. With the exception of Cruz and our Zinke, my money has been going there.

I've supported CP in the past, but I haven't supported them in awhile -- I haven't been very fond of the candidates that they've run.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Johnson was the least bad of a pretty lousy slate that year.

If it comes down to Trump/Biden again... I would probably not vote. I don't see any serious effort to put forth an alternative candidate who is actually conservative. There just aren't enough of us anymore, at least with any appreciable amount of money.

I'm with you.  God forbid it's Trump v. Biden, I'll abstain from voting. At this point in time, I have serious doubts that either one will be running.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm with you.  God forbid it's Trump v. Biden, I'll abstain from voting. At this point in time, I have serious doubts that either one will be running.

I do think Trump will be the GOP nominee simply because he will never withdraw, but I still don't think he'll be running against Biden.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I voted for Ross Perot in 1992 ... Bill Clinton won with only 43% of the popular vote.

I voted for Pat Buchanan in 1996 ... again, Bill Clinton won with only 43% of the popular vote.

Trump wants us to believe the Nomination is already his to supress votes for his opponents in the Primaries.

Right now, I'm supporting Asa Hutchinson as a dark horse candidate.  I am loathe to support any of Trump's Collaborators.

Anyone who was part of the Trump Admin or Trump campaigns is morally complicit for January 6th, 2021.
...and not virtually every Democrat or DOJ employee on the Hill?

It was a setup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It was a setup.

:yowsa: And there is no longer ANY doubt about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

It was a setup.

:yowsa: And there is no longer ANY doubt about it!

Right. But you can only control your own side. You have no say in what the liberals do.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I've decided that rather than not voting for President, I'd just write-in deSantis.

Online LMAO

I've decided that rather than not voting for President, I'd just write-in deSantis.

I'm writing in that new Argentina president

Will be voting Desantis in the primary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
FYI...  Running For President in Texas (in 2024)
Write-In Candidates
Write-in candidates for President file a declaration of write-in candidacy with the Secretary of State. The declaration may not be filed earlier than Saturday, July 20, 2024, or later than 5:00 p.m. of Monday, August 19, 2024. The declaration must include the information about, and signed consent from, the candidate’s vice-presidential running mate. In addition to the declaration, a write-in candidate for President must provide signed, written statements of consent to be a presidential elector candidate from 40 presidential elector candidates (the number of presidential electors that federal law allocates to Texas). Forms are linked below and may be obtained from the Secretary of State’s office. [Tex. Elec. Code Sec. 146.025].

NEW LAW: HB 87 (88th Leg., R.S.) creates a process for substituting an alternate elector named by a write-in candidate if there is a vacancy in the position of elector. Therefore, while each write-in candidate is only required to submit signed, written statements of consent from 40 presidential elector candidates, a write-in candidate may submit additional signed, written statements from individuals willing to serve as an alternate elector. [Sec. 192.103].

https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/candidates/guide/2024/president.shtml

Online mountaineer

John Stossel
@JohnStossel
I’ve lived through 19 presidential elections.  And yet…I’ve never seen WORSE choices than Trump and Biden.
My newest video is different than my usual. I expect to be attacked by partisans on both sides.

https://twitter.com/JohnStossel/status/1694104910210412946
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
<bump>

Still boggles the mind what the two valid choices are.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Out of fifty people, selected at random from a phone book, you could likely get someone who would be more suitable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

<bump>

Still boggles the mind what the two valid choices are.

I hear the same thing from every day apolitical people

Barry Goldwater

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
After the 2016 election, I became a member of the Constitution Party for two years but left in disgust when it embraced Don Blankenship for Senate (in West Virginia) in 2018.  He's the CEO of Massey Coal Company and is responsible for the deaths of 29 coal miners.  He's a real sleazebag!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Blankenship

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/21/don-blankenship-third-party-constitution-party-600779

https://wvpublic.org/blankenship-announces-hell-seek-constitution-party-nomination-for-president-in-2020/

Furthermore, the Constitution Party, despite its stated ideals, also had NO fight in it whatsoever, and will never win anything.  It's just a debating club and nothing more.

Before joining the Constitution Party, I explored the Libertarian Party, but could not get past its free drug, open borders, and weak military/soft on terrorism planks in its platform.  It seems like the ex-hippies are still in firm control of it, so I couldn't go there.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I like the Constitutional Party's platform.... rarely does it get candidates that match it's description though.

Both the Libertarian Party and Constitutional Party can draw some pretty flaky folks... But I have seen good candidates too. Alan Keyes was once considered a CP member... Tom Hoefling (Eternal Vigilance at TOS). Heck even Roy Moore would make a good contender.

Baring a good strong candidate, I will also employ the write-in method.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:15:53 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Take back the damn GOP from Magas and Globalists.

Walking away doesn't solve anything.

Our resolve needs to be stronger than their resolve.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

It appears, at least  for members here, it’s going to be a write in for president in 2024

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

Take back the damn GOP from Magas and Globalists.

Walking away doesn't solve anything.

Our resolve needs to be stronger than their resolve.

You go ahead. Call me up when it's flying right.
As for me, those feckless bastards get nothing from me.