Author Topic: Got Smugglers to Pay Off? Illegals in New York City Resorting to Burglarizing Residents  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Got Smugglers to Pay Off? Illegals in New York City Resorting to Burglarizing Residents
By Becky Noble | 3:38 PM on December 08, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

As is usually the case with the left, they fail to see beyond next week when it comes to the results of their policies. The disaster created by the Biden administration that is the U.S. southern border and the massive numbers of illegal immigrants flooding the country is no exception. When it comes to the border, the biggest beneficiaries of the chaos are the drug cartels. They are raking in billions of dollars from smuggling drugs, human beings, and anything else they can get across the border— humans, once they have been smuggled into the country and have been shipped literally to every corner, now owe the cartels a lot of money. What do they do? 

In New York City, more specifically Long Island, officials are seeing an uptick in many of those illegal immigrants resorting to theft. Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman says there has been a sharp uptick in both residential and commercial burglaries by illegals, who must pay back the Mexican drug cartels who smuggled them into the country. Stiffing those cartels can mean not just physical harm or death to the immigrants themselves but also their families in their home countries. Blakeman stated,

“They’ve come here owing the cartels a great deal of money to transport them over the border, and if they don’t pay that money, I’ve been told that their families would be seriously harmed if not killed in their native country. Therefore they need quick money and they need to get it fast so they’re engaging in all kinds of crimes — burglary, shoplifting.”

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2023/12/08/got-smugglers-to-pay-off-illegals-in-new-york-city-resorting-to-burglarizing-residents-n2167335
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson