Author Topic: Defense bill calls for outside scrutiny of Marines’ modernization plan  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense bill calls for outside scrutiny of Marines’ modernization plan
By Irene Loewenson
 Dec 8, 04:51 PM

A provision in Congress' not-yet-final annual defense authorization bill calls for "an independent review, assessment, and analysis" of Force Design 2030. (Cpl. Patrick King/Marine Corps)
The Marine Corps likely will have to get an outside review of its controversial overhaul plans thanks to a provision in Congress’ defense authorization bill.

The provision in the annual National Defense Authorization Act signals lawmakers are listening to the retired Marines who have voiced concerns about the direction the Corps is taking, retired Marine Col. Mark Cancian, a senior adviser with the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said on Monday.

The bill calls for the Pentagon to contract with a federally funded research and development center that will “conduct an independent review, assessment, and analysis of the modernization initiatives of the Marine Corps” within three months of the bill becoming law.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/12/08/defense-bill-calls-for-outside-scrutiny-of-marines-modernization-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Defense bill calls for outside scrutiny of Marines’ modernization plan
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 03:30:15 pm »
The Biden administration would probably select Iran, Hamas, and the Taliban for the scrutiny. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson