Author Topic: Congress moves to save F-22s from the boneyard, once again  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congress moves to save F-22s from the boneyard, once again
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:23:42 pm »
Congress moves to save F-22s from the boneyard, once again
The compromise defense policy bill sets the USAF’s minimum fighter inventory at 1,112 planes.
AUDREY DECKER | DECEMBER 7, 2023
AIR FORCE CONGRESS

Lawmakers are set to block the Air Force’s request to retire older F-22 Raptors, despite pleas from the service that it would cost too much money to get them battle-ready.

This is the second straight year Congress has denied the entreaty. Service officials have argued that Block 20 F-22s lack crucial modern weapons and would require billions of dollars to get them up to speed. Officials wanted to put the money toward the Next Generation Air Dominance program, its new, secretive fighter jet.

Congress released its $886 billion compromise defense policy bill late Wednesday night after weeks of negotiations between House and Senate lawmakers. 

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/12/congress-saving-f-22s-boneyard-once-again/392565/?oref=d1-homepage-top-story
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Congress moves to save F-22s from the boneyard, once again
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 03:25:06 pm »
Aren't  they going to try and sell them to Iran?  They would help make nice vehicles for their nukes. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson