Author Topic: China Will Have 1,000 Nuclear Warheads by 2030  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China Will Have 1,000 Nuclear Warheads by 2030
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:16:46 pm »
China Will Have 1,000 Nuclear Warheads by 2030
The Chinese nuclear buildup, according to the former Commander of US Strategic Command, Admiral Charles Richard, is both “breathtaking” and “accelerating
PETER HUESSY - WARRIOR SENIOR NUCLEAR WEAPONS ANALYSTDEC 7, 2023
By Peter Huessey, PhD, Warrior Senior Nuclear Weapons Analyst

The Chinese nuclear buildup, according to the former Commander of US Strategic Command, Admiral Charles Richard, is both “breathtaking” and “accelerating.” It poses a new and unique danger to the US, requiring the nation to simultaneously deter two nuclear-armed peer adversaries.

Detractors raise three challenges to the Admiral’s concerns. First, the Chinese buildup is not extensive. Second, the Chinse cannot technically build such a big force in the projected timeframe. Third, there is nothing the Chinese threaten that justifies the level of concern. Let’s examine each concern in order.

The Chinese Buildup

According to a new Department of Defense (DoD) report on the military power of China, the People’s Republic of China (PRC) nuclear arsenal grew from 200 to over 500 warheads in just the past four years and will hit 1,000 and by 2030 and 1,500 by 2035. The 150 percent growth since 2020 is thus in the books and unprecedented.

https://warriormaven.com/global-security/china-will-have-1000-nuclear-warheads-by-2030
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: China Will Have 1,000 Nuclear Warheads by 2030
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 03:17:49 pm »
Oh yeah!?  The US will have 10,000 EVs by then!  That'll show China! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson